The Strategic Information (SI) Director for will provide high-level technical leadership and guidance in planning and implementing appropriate SI/M&E systems, activities and technical assistance for an anticipated Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) project focusing on community HIV prevention, testing and treatment initiation project in Lesotho. This includes providing technical leadership to develop and implement the project framework, plans and indicators to capture project performance results and provide effective, accurate and timely monitoring, evaluation and reporting of all project activities. The SI Director, will oversee the M&E team to design, implement and supervise regional M&E activities, ensuring that lessons learned are integrated into project implementation to continuously improve quality of interventions and outcomes. The SI Director is also responsible for documenting and disseminating project successes and challenges to CDC/PEPFAR. The project will operate over a five-year period. This position is contingent upon award from CDC
Lesotho nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide leadership and direction on SI/M&E activities to ensure technical and financial integrity to achieve project goals, objectives and targets and other Jhpiego projects as necessary
- Serve as a member of the senior leadership team to ensure success in meeting the project’s goals, objectives and targets
- Lead development of project PMP and standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to data management, collection, aggregation and data quality assessment and QA/QI to guide state level activities
- Lead the process of establishing an instance of DHIS2 that will warehouse facility-level data for all projects districts and facilities
- Oversee real-time data use including weekly, monthly and quarterly data review meetings; implement remediation efforts that address identified gaps and challenges for project overall and at state level
- Oversee the development of data analytics to monitor cascades of care, programmatic pivoting, and key and priority populations. Analyze progress to target continuously to ensure activities are on track
- Strengthen the use of data at state and facility level for program monitoring and improvement
- Support the provision of training, supervision and mentorship to strengthen for M&E/SI and data quality improvement
- Support the process of validation and triangulation of data between multiple data sources
- Supervise a team of and M&E/SI and informatics advisors, data managers and clerks to produce high-quality data and monitor program quality and progress to target
- Oversee timely, accurate and appropriate reporting of project activities and results to CDC, including narrative progress reports and weekly, monthly quarterly, semi-annual and annual quantitative results.
- Support and guide capacity building through trainings, mentorship and supervision on M&E/SI activities
- Promote and support knowledge management and sharing efforts
- Trouble shoot issues that arise and provide immediate solutions
- Ensure compliance to donor reporting requirements into DATIM
- Advanced degree in epidemiology, demography, public health, or related health, medical, or social science discipline.
- 10+ years of experience in monitoring and evaluation of large-scale international HIV PEPFAR-funded projects,
- Proven capacity in building and managing a diverse team of technical and to support staff
- Demonstrated experience working with USAID/PEPFAR programs and strong familiarity with CDC reporting requirements.
- Strong data management and analysis skills
- Advanced knowledge of PowerBI, DHIS2, and electronic medical records
- Strong technical skill and ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least two of the following: R, SPSS, Stata
- Experience in HIV care and treatment and prevention programs
- Familiarity with Lesotho’s health management information system and other national M&E systems
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating the dissemination and use of data for decision-making.
- Demonstrated experience in data quality assurance and implementation plans to improve data quality
- Excellent skills in facilitation, team building and coordination
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including demonstrated technical writing skills for publication
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams and willingness to learn and empower others
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Ability to travel frequently
- References will be required
- Doctoral-level degree preferred.