Application Deadline: 18th September 2019
Eligible Countries: Lesotho
To be Taken at (Country): Kigali, Rwanda
About the Award: As part of the EYES Project, UNDP intends to suport the Government of Lesotho to domesticate the #YouthConnekt Africa concept, for the empowerment and development of youth in Lesotho. YouthConnekt Africa is one of the flagship regional youth initiatives, founded by the Government of Rwanda and UNDP; to help empower and uplift the youth of the continent,
This year, UNDP will be partnering with the Government of Rwanda, the African Union, and KOICA to host the third edition of the YouthConnekt Africa (YCA) Summit from 9-11 October in Kigali, Rwanda.
The 2019 YCA Summit aims to gather 10,000 youth, high-level delegates and stakeholders involved in youth development to discuss policies, programs and partnerships and formulate actions that can nurture and develop the talents and abilities of our youth.
The theme for 2019 is “Boosting an Industrious Young Africa”.
- Basotho youth innovators and business owners aged 18-35 years
- Business owners in operation for over 3 years
- Preference will be for innovative businesses in the selected national priority sectors for economic growth: manufacturing, agriculture, tourism, and technology and innovations.
- Proof of registration and acceptance to the YouthConnekt Africa 2019 Summit.
- Motivation fpr selection with a brief outline on the business, and how you expect the YouthConnekt Africa 2019 Summit to benefit you and your business.
- Motivation for how you can support the roll-out of the YouthConnekt in Lesotho.
Number of Awards: 6
Value of Award: UNDP will provide a sponsorship of up to $3000 that will cover flights, accommodation and subsistence.