The University of Johannesburg invites suitably qualified individuals to apply for the position of Oracle E-Business Suite Specialist with the Division Information and Communication Systems at a market-related remuneration package. The incumbent is responsible for determining the most appropriate procedures for implementing and using current and new applications/systems; testing, implementing, and supporting Oracle e-Business Suite module applications ; monitoring and tuning application and system performance; identifying end-user information requirements; system implementation plans and interface solutions that integrate with Oracle Applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for Oracle Systems Administration and Support:
- Schedule, Manages and Troubleshooting of concurrent programs and reports.
- Create and maintain Oracle user accounts and responsibilities.
- Management of User security and access control.
- Handling day-to-day systems administrator tasks.
- Set up and manage profile options, printers, personalizations, and other features.
- Performance monitoring and fine-tuning of Oracle e-Business Suite.
- Troubleshoot, Test and Monitor Oracle Workflow processes.
- Interfaces with DBA`s, developers and departmental clients and suppliers on all Oracle e-Business applications related issues and problems.
- Assists in the development and recommendations for the sizing of hardware for new and/or current applications based on performance and projected growth of the organization.
- Works with developers and DBAs to monitor and coordinate, test and implement new releases, patches and/or enhancements to the Oracle based applications.
- Responsible for ensuring that the documentation of all Oracle system administration configurations and customizations is kept current.
- Assist with testing and deployment of Release Update Pack and other module upgrades to keep application release level current.
- Participating in defect resolution and management of Oracle Service Requests (SR`s)
- Administration and troubleshoot Oracle EBS Modules including Oracle Financials, Oracle HCM, and Oracle HRMS.
- Apply and practice Oracle EBS Application security standards and best practice.
- Relevant Information Technology Qualification (NQF Level 6).
- Minimum 5 years IT experience in Oracle EBS R12 systems administration and support.
- Relevant Oracle Courses is an advantage.
- Experience with implementation and support of Oracle E-Business Suite System administration.
- Experience in diagnosing and resolving complex systems problems.
- Understanding of Oracle EBS R12 architecture.
- Working in a highly technical team within an IT complex environment.
- Strong knowledge of Oracle Technology stack and Oracle Databases.
- A very good knowledge of Oracle Workflow
- Ability to lead highly technical complex ICT Project
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively document solutions.
- Excellent business process experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams with a collaborative interpersonal style.
- Strong analytical, synthesis and problem solving skills.
- Detail and solution orientated.
- Strong desire to learn and deploy new technologies.
- Advanced skills in analysing and optimizing new and existing code.
- Ability to debug code developed by other developers.
- Ability to understand functional requirements.
Please note that the following contact details are for enquiries about JOB CONTENT and NOT for application purposes.
Mr. Maxwell Huma on (011) 559-3677
LOGIN AND APPLY ONLINE AT http://jobs.uj.ac.za
To submit your application for the above-mentioned post, please register (first-time users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) or login (existing users of the UJ e-recruitment portal) by going to the website of the UJ e-recruitment portal (http://jobs.uj.ac.za) and uploading a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as the names and full contact details (including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three traceable and credible referees. Please also attach the following: a copy of your highest academic qualification, proof of registration with professional bodies you might belong to and a list of accredited research output and/ or a portfolio of your creative output.
Enquiries (UJ e-recruitment Portal)
If you have general enquiries regarding the advertised post, please send an e-mail with the subject line being the reference number of the post to [email protected]
If you require technical support / assistance on the UJ e-recruitment website, please contact our service provider PNET on the following contact details:
0861 227337/010 140 3099 or email [email protected]
In conjunction to merit on the basis of qualifications, experience and proven achievements the University of Johannesburg is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities and those individuals from the historically disadvantaged groups. For this post candidates from the designated groups in terms of the 1998 Employment Equity Act, including designated women, will be preferred. As necessitated by operational requirements the University reserves the right not to make an appointment to positions advertised. If you have not received a response from the University within 21 weeks of the closing date, you should assume that your application has been unsuccessful.