At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Closing Date: 21st September 2022
Reporting to the Data Networks Manager, the role of the incumbent shall be to provide end-to-end network support and services delivery for Packet Switched Core, Circuit Switched Core, Radio Access Network and Enterprise business.
- Deploy best fit architecture for Core datacentre services to meet TechComs2025 strategy
- Liaise with suppliers on new technologies and equipment in accordance with set SLAs
- Ensure proper running of Data Services, Security adherence and National & International Transit
- Ensure hardware and software upgrades are implemented according to security patch & S/W management policies
- Analyse end user requirements from commercial and translate them into technical designs and solutions in accordance with security standards
- Execute policy compliance checks on all systems, provide reports and recommendations to Manager Data Services
- Bachelors’ Degree Computer Engineering and/or equivalent
- Cisco Certified Network Professional – Data Centre
- Implementing Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in IP Core & Datacentre Networks
Network Access Technology
Monitor and Diagnose
Service and Delivery Management
Automation and Robotics_2022
Maintain and Repair
Networks and Connectivity
Mobile and Network Security
Implementation and Integration
Customer Service /Resolution
Risk Management and Disaster Recovery
Data Analytics and Insights
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.