SouthSouthNorth is a nonprofit organisation working on projects that promote sustainable development and address climate change.
SSN seeks to appoint a Project Manager for the Gestión 2 Project, to be based in Cape Town.
The purpose of the position will include at a minimum project management, contracts management, quality assurance; and collating of reports.
The ProjectGestión 2 is a second phase 30-month-long project funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), to support improved capacity for the implementation of Peru’s National Determined Contributions (NDCs). Specifically, this will be achieved through improved institutional arrangements, capacity development, adequate access to funds and information, and stakeholder empowerment. The South African local office working with Peruvian and international consultants will facilitate NDC implementation through the creation of enabling conditions and participatory processes, including capacity building and enhanced tools and coordination.
The project falls under the overall leadership of the Peruvian Ministry of Environment (MINAN), specifically the Climate Change and Desertification Directorate. Gestión 2 is implemented by SSN in partnership with Libélula (Peru) and with technical support from sub-contractors. The SSN role requires technical and operational backstopping skills coupled with strategic leadership ability.
- Responsibility for overall coordination of the technical aspects of the project, working closely with the technical leads
- Ensure alignment and coordination with other SSN projects
- Ensure compliance with SSN policy processes and procedures
- Act as the overall contact point for the project
- The Project Manager will have support from the SSN operations, contracts and finance teams to ensure the smooth running of the project
- Relevant tertiary qualification (preferably Masters) related to climate change and/or development or related topics (e.g. Climate Science, Environment Studies, Public Policy)
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience in project management
- A keen interest in and some knowledge of climate change and development issues
- Verbal and written skills in both Spanish and English
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Strong budgeting and financial review skills
- Attention to detail, and planning, administration and organisational skills
- Residing in South Africa and in possession of a valid work-permit
- Be based in Cape Town, South Africa
- Available to travel within South America and internationally
- Willingness to engage in occasional after hours teleconferences with partners, to accommodate time zone differences
- An interest in and willingness to engage in SSN’s suite of projects both domestically and internationally
To apply, complete the following Google form and upload your C.V and cover letter via link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfvrv3rmmV_M6uGYOVq4RfCDrgJhwrO45qF07Ph6FnJkpUAQA/viewform
Full details can be found in the Terms of Reference.
The Organisation will contact shortlisted candidates within one week of the application closing date. If you are not contacted within this time period, consider your application unsuccessful.
Unfortunately, the organisation will not be able to offer feedback on any application made for this job posting.
SouthSouthNorth reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about SouthSouthNorth refer to southsouthnorth.org