At Telnyx, we’re working to globally democratize access to real-time communications over the internet. We’re building a future where voice, messaging, and wireless services can act as building blocks to facilitate high-fidelity, secure, and modern modes of communication. Telnyx engineers make this a reality. We are an engineering-led organization, and as an engineering manager, you’ll play a significant part in not only shaping the engineering division, but the organization as a whole.
We’re looking for people with a strong background or interest in building successful teams; you’re comfortable with directing and bringing out the best in diverse personalities and skill sets and you’re driven to continuously learn and champion new technologies and ways to work.
In This Role You Will:
- Conduct regular 1:1s with teammates to ensure everyone has a voice in creating a healthy and dynamic environment
- Define key metrics to identify and address factors inhibiting the effectiveness and engagement of your teammates
- Partner with your product and engineering peers to ensure we add business value and deliver what we promise, while keeping in line with our technical strategy and best practices
- Actively sponsor your teammates by finding opportunities that promote their continued growth in areas that match their interests
- Problem-solve with your teammates through a combination good questions and advice, informed by your own experience as an engineer
- Synthesize your observations and others’ into coherent and actionable feedback that reinforces your teammates’ strengths and addresses their weaknesses
- Develop a proactive and credible voice within the larger engineering division, raising the visibility of your team and aligning them with the rest of the division
- Ensure your team is balanced and appropriately sized through active recruitment as well as a deep understanding of the roadmap and your team’s strengths and weaknesses
You May Be Fit For This Role If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience in software development, especially within a micro-service architecture
- 2+ years of people leadership skills and a passion for growing and empowering a multidisciplinary team of engineers
- Experience working in a globally distributed team
- Familiarity with some of languages and tools our engineers use most: Python, Elixir, Java, RabbitMQ, Kafka, PostgreSQL, Docker, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Prometheus
- A leadership philosophy that revolves around authenticity, service, and a quiet ego
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
What It Is Like To Work At Telnyx:
Telnyx is a complex machine with a simple purpose: connect people. We are an intelligent telephony engine, the beating heart of the Telnyx service that routes data along the pathways of our global, private network. We are drop-in APIs for hooking applications into our products, and an administrator portal that puts unprecedented control of configuring and orchestrating the Telnyx service into our customers’ hands.
We’re also an organization of industry experts and engineers focused on solving problems and building solutions. We’re a concierge customer success team and a 24/7 support team. We’re a communications partner, focused on agile and endless innovation, not a telecom slogged in antiquated processes and anti-competitive regulation. We keep the conversation going: the always-on, omni-channel, enriched conversation that the modern world demands.
Communications are coming untethered from devices, and more and more, they’re migrating into our everyday platforms: our social media, our work applications and our collaboration tools. But, that move started before there was infrastructure to support it—the modern internet will never offer the speed and consistency that real-time communications require. So, we built a network that does and a cloud platform tuned for real-time communications at every layer. Telnyx is the connective matrix, a worldwide nervous system, a high-speed rail tunneling through the information superhighway. We’re the foundation for calls, texts and messaging today, for the internet of things, augmented reality and “communitainment” tomorrow, and for whatever enterprising imaginations can dream up after that.
We’re Telnyx. We’re the future of communications.
At Telnyx, we’re looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns. At Telnyx, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions. Join us.