This position is remote and we’re accepting candidates from anywhere.
Pager delivers a “doctor in your family” healthcare experience by making it simple for consumers to connect with the trusted experts they need to make the right healthcare decisions. Through AI-enabled technology, Pager brings consumers, nurses, doctors and other members of the care team together through text, voice and video chat, all in one place. We partner with healthcare organizations to deliver seamless, tech-enabled services and solutions for a consumer experience that leads to better decisions, outcomes and healthier lives. Started in 2014 and based in New York City, Pager is led by seasoned technology and healthcare entrepreneurs to redefine the way that consumers interact with their healthcare.
Pager is looking for a Senior SDET to join our QA team while working remotely from anywhere. You will be working closely with Development and Support teams, leading and practicing the end-to-end testing process throughout the SDLC. As an SDET, you will develop software and tools that programmatically test and ensure the quality delivery of Pager enterprise and consumer products that will ensure we provide the best health care and routing for our patients. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in automated and manual functional testing, performance testing, API Testing, and white box testing. The mindset of this individual should be to embed himself/herself into the Agile team and practice Shift Left Test Automation at every phase of the SDLC.
- Building automation and tooling to enable continuous testing & delivery of our software
- Capturing test and service metrics to make data-driven decisions
- Working with both Product teams and external Clients to turn project requirements into robust test plans
- Designing and implementing automated test frameworks
- Maintaining & enhancing frameworks that can be used by both Development & QA
- Enhancing our current continuous testing capability
- Providing guidance on Automation Development/Coding best practices including: documentation, maintainability, and data-driven development
- Training and coaching other team members on how to develop automated tests using the established framework
- Troubleshooting environmental set-up issues related to automation
- Meeting with Engineers to investigate recommended test approaches, test environment requirements, and data strategies.
- Collaborating with peers, engineers, and product to solve complex issues in a timely manner so that quality and deadlines are not compromised
- Leading code reviews and actively participating in providing feedback on others’ designs/code
- Owning the technical debt of his/her own projects
- Working on independent projects related to automating QA workflows in a CI/CD environment.
- Communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders including: Product, Operations and End Clients.
- Performing research and developing PoC on new technologies to enhance our Automation testing capabilities.
- 5+ years of Software Quality Assurance experience with expertise in automation testing of Web and mobile applications
- Hands on experience writing SQL scripts
- Experience developing integration, e2e, performance/stress tests for both GUI and API
- Experience with Test-Driven or Behavior Driven Development (TDD/BDD)
- Previous experience leading code reviews and providing feedback on others’ designs/code
- Familiarity with software development life cycles and agile programming methodologies
- Knowledge in Page Object Model & Design Pattern
- Experience with Continuous Testing and Continuous Delivery leveraging CI/CD pipeline
- Knowledge testing API within a Microservice architecture (PLUS)
- Capable of leading a team to deliver specific project and/or task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to approach technical and testing problems with a DevOps mentality
- Ability to work independently or as a member of an Agile team
- Be an evangelist in advocating best practices in software testing
- Experience working directly with business stakeholders
- Ability to make decisions or set goals around the Company’s OKRs (PLUS)
ABOUT PAGER ENGINEERING
You will have a chance to work with individuals who are very passionate about their craft and share their opinions in healthy debate. Our team includes only full-time engineers who are located in New York City and around the world.
At Pager, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.