- LOCATION Anywhere
- COMMITMENT Full-Time
Toptal is a global network of top talent in business, design, and technology that enables companies to scale their teams, on-demand. With $200+ million in annual revenue and over 40% year-over-year growth, Toptal is the largest fully distributed workforce in the world.
We take the best elements of virtual teams and combine them with a support structure that encourages innovation, social interaction, and fun (see this video from The Huffington Post). We see no borders, move at a fast pace, and are never afraid to break the mold.
Toptal is in need of Social Media Strategist who will own, operate, and grow the social media function for a game-changing, industry-defining company. This role acts not only as the social media gatekeeper but also as a strategic brand builder, who will uphold the creative standards and practices for all content published on our main social channels. You will build the content strategy and develop all assets across all social channels, ensuring that Toptal is consistently represented as an elite, authoritative brand to each of its audiences, including current and potential clients and freelance talent.
Do you thrive when you can holistically own social media, strategically scale a function, and bring life to social strategies and campaigns? If you are detail-obsessed and passionate about crafting measurable, data-backed strategies to optimize social media performance and engagement, we encourage you to apply!
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere that overlaps with US time zones. Due to the remote nature of this role, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship. Resumes and communication must be submitted in English.
- Scale the operations and impact of Toptal’s social media accounts across all platforms (including Toptal’s main brand account across Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, and Instagram as well as supporting staffing.com on LinkedIn).
- Build the quarterly and annual social strategy and roadmap laddering up to the overall Brand vision, ensuring continuous innovation and evolution for Toptal channels and content strategy.
- Build processes for responding to credible brand mentions in a timely, authoritative way.
- Stay current with social media innovations and trends, new platforms and channels, and make strategic recommendations on Toptal’s approach to each opportunity.
- Collaborate with the Customer Experience team, PR team, and Growth in order to create situational framework’s engagement, develop and improve the processes to source thought leadership material, develop a paid social strategy as well as content for Always On (evergreen content campaign), and identify trusted media outlets, industry leaders, and influencers.
- Develop systems for tracking the impact of all social strategies, setting and maintaining respective critical metric reporting and developing team objectives
- Report to the VP of Brand Marketing as you lead, mentor, and guide the Social Media team, including a Social Media Community Manager direct report.
In the first week, expect to:
- Onboard and integrate into Toptal.
- Rapidly begin learning about Toptal’s history, culture, and vision, with a focus on the state of the talent industry, the Future of Work, and the core messages important to Toptal.
- Shadow key teams across the company to learn the core of Toptal’s operations and capabilities.
In the first month, expect to:
- Continue onboarding by diving deeper into the operations of key teams including understanding their upcoming roadmaps and building strategies for social media to support initiatives that are in progress.
- Review existing social media strategy, content calendar, thought leadership sourcing strategy, posting quality/frequency, and growth plans. Develop a prioritized backlog for areas of improvement.
- Begin taking over operations of all social accounts, ensuring successful handoff and maintenance of quality as you go.
In the first three months, expect to:
- Develop lists of authoritative, trusted brands, media outlets, and people for each of our audiences, along with strategies for engaging with each.
- Develop processes for staying continuously up to date on industry news for each of Toptal’s audiences.
- Begin creating analytics dashboards to continuously monitor the impact of each social media account, with a focus on measuring engagement with our audiences.
In the first six months, expect to:
- Ensure all social accounts are posting high-quality content frequently and make sure that the messaging is consistent, reliable, and engaging with their audiences.
- Partner and collaborate with senior leaders throughout the organization to ensure we’re evolving our efforts to achieve objectives.
- Define annual and quarterly OKRs to set the vision for the social team and our tactical plan and KPIs.
- Analyze annual performance to understand what we accomplished and how to continually optimize our work.
- Develop/optimize a long-term social media roadmap and vision that incorporates strategy for ongoing initiatives around the company.
- 5-8+ years of proven experience working in social media marketing and/or communications (preferably in the technology or talent industry), targeting both B2B and B2C audiences.
- A strong understanding of best practices across all social media platforms, and enjoy crafting and leading people who create content/posts for all social platforms, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
- Confidence presenting and providing recommendations to, along with managing expectations of, senior leadership and executive teams.
- Eager to learn quickly, able to dive into new industries, trends, and concepts with ease.
- Excellent at collaborating with subject matter authorities and translate that knowledge into strategic campaigns.
- Experience leading and managing an integrated team.
- Self-starter with initiative, creativity, and drive.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication is required, as well as perfect grammar and command of the English language.
- Experience with tools such as Socialbakers, Hootsuite, Lithium, Talkwalker, etc.
- A demonstrated ability to engage technologists, designers, finance specialists, enterprise leaders on talent, etc. is a plus.
- Agency experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at Toptal. You will not be here just to tell other people what to do.