Kialo is the world’s largest argument mapping site: facilitating, capturing and visualizing the world’s hardest debates. Since our launch in late 2017, we have grown into a community with thousands of debates and millions of contributions. In November 2019 we launched Kialo Edu, our dedicated site for educators, which has since grown to 250k users, with 50% growth in the last 4 months alone. Educators worldwide use it to teach critical thinking and facilitate thoughtful classroom discussion.
Our mission is to make the world a more thoughtful place. With clear visualization of arguments and powerful, easy to use navigation tools, Kialo is a dynamic space for thoughtful discussion.
About the Role
We’re currently seeking a Social Media Coordinator on a long-term contractor basis to join our remote team, to assist with the growth and marketing of Kialo Edu. As a Social Media Coordinator at Kialo you’ll work with a diverse and vibrant team from around the world and collaborate with other team members to promote the expansion of Kialo Edu.
Working within our Growth Team, this role will see you be involved in a dynamic range of tasks to help create and grow Kialo Edu’s social media presence. You will help to develop and execute our content marketing strategies across a variety of social media channels.
We are looking for a 30-40 hours per week commitment (but are flexible within that range). This role would – at least initially – be a contractor role, with an hourly rate of 34 USD; we would be offering in the range of $60-70k USD annually, contingent on hours worked.
If you are an experienced and talented online marketer with excellent copywriting skills and are looking for a remote role in a rapidly growing start-up, we’d be delighted to hear from you!
Our Social Media Coordinator will begin with a six week training period, during which we will focus on knowledge building of the various Kialo sites and the community we support.
After this period, Social Media Coordinator tasks will include:
- Aiding in the development and execution of social media marketing strategies for Kialo Edu, including both organic and paid marketing.
- Managing and coordinating organic marketing content – ranging from social media to blog posts – to increase growth and brand awareness.
- Creation of organic marketing copy across a variety of channels.
- Assisting with the creation and development of an online community space for Kialo Edu users.
The primary accounts that you will be responsible for are:
- Fluent in English with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (ideally in a Marketing or Business related subject).
- Experience with online community building.
- 2+ years of responsibility for the strategy and daily operations – including post creation – of at least one organisation’s social media presence.
- Experience maintaining a Twitter account with at least 5k followers.
- Experience with SEO and related analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Experience maintaining an organisation’s presence on Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Experience with the creation and setting up of social media ads.
- Experience in freelance and remote working.
- Experience within an EdTech environment or the education sector would be desirable.
If this role sounds exciting to you, please get in touch at [email protected] with an email subject line of ‘Social Media Coordinator – [your name]’.
In addition to a CV and cover letter, please provide:
- Links to the social media accounts that you have managed for organisations, noting the time period(s) you were responsible for them.
- A list of five organisations’ social media accounts that you consider to be excellent.
- A written piece of no more than 400 words analysing the social media strategy of an organisation. You should focus on one social media platform i.e. Twitter, and provide details about what you think the organisation is doing well and where they could improve.
Shortlisted candidates will be initially asked to attend a video interview with one of our team members, during which we will discuss next steps and answer any initial questions you may have. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that applications for this position will close 25th June 2021.