Job title: Site Supervisor – Katse Lesotho
Company: Mott MacDonald
Candidate SpecificationThe successful candidate will be required to meet the following requirements:
- Be in possession of a BTech, National Diploma in civil engineering or equivalent
- 10 years experience with significant experience in civil engineering and some mechanical engineering
- Experience in the fields of civils and reinforced concrete construction is required
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Attention to detail
- Understanding of technical standards
- Ability to deliver project successfully
- Ability to manage a technical team.
Job DescriptionThe successful candidate will be required to fulfil the following key performance areas:Contract Administration:
- Attend regular site progress and technical meetings
- Carry out contract administration procedures in terms of the contract
- Assist in the resolution of contractual and financial claims by the contractor
- Arrange for the delivery of all test certificates
- Observe how the works are carried out, examine and test materials and workmanship, and receive from the contractor such information as he shall reasonably require.
- Deliver to the contractor oral or written communications from the Engineer and receive oral or written communications from the contractor to deliver to the Engineer
- Inspect works for conformity to contract documentation
- Witness and review of all tests and mock ups carried out both on and off site
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the plans and specifications and review completed work prior to enclosure or on completion as appropriate.
- Constantly review work procedures and construction materials
- Be available to provide the contractor with technical interpretation of the plans and specifications
- Verification of quantities for payment certificates
- Coordinate, while keeping the CRE informed, between the site monitoring staff and the PIC JV team for the ongoing design adjustments and the preparation of the record drawings
- Facilitate the approval of the as-built drawings
- Coordinate and participate in the preparation of detailed O&M manuals for all structures and installed plant
- Monitor and ensure that the Main Contractor, PIC JV staff and all people accessing site adhere to the requirements of the Contractor’s approved OH&S Plan
- Review the Contractor’s work methods to ensure that they are in compliance with OH&S requirements
- Monitor and ensure that all construction activities are carried out in compliance with the Contractor’s approved OH&S Plan
- Ensure that all construction activities are carried out in compliance with the environmental protection requirements, and promote good project relations both within the project organisation and with the local population and landowners
- Facilitate the Commissioning of the Works
- The project scope of work of the project includes construction of a buildings, civil works and mechanical works. Experience or qualifications in the fields of civils and reinforced concrete construction is required.
- Be able to delegate responsibilities to other team members
- Ensure other team members are constantly briefed on the scope changes and any other risks that may affect performance of the work or delay the works or increase the cost
Contract TypeContractDisciplineCivil, Mechanical, Water
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.