Liqhobong Mining Development Company (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Firestone Diamonds PLC, invites suitably qualified and competent applicants to apply for the vacant position of Site Engineer.
To manage all engineering projects as well as ensuring continuous supply of effective electricity for the Mine to achieve its production targets. The incumbent is responsible for the management of the Water Treatment Section, Instrumentation Section, Mechanical Section, Maintenance planning in accordance plus support service to the contractors and plant water supply system with the trade standards accordingly.
Under the direct supervision of the Engineering Manager, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
- Ensure compliance and adherence to SHE policies, programs, practices, safety standards and regulations;
- Collaborate with relevant Section Heads to receive plans and/or instructions relating to new replacements;
- Coordinate day to day maintenance activities for ensuring proper and efficient maintenance and repair of mechanical systems;
- Coordinate procurement of materials and/or equipment needed to complete work projects for ensuring timely completion of projects;
- Implement the execution of routine and preventative maintenance programmes to maximizing customer service and efficient and effective operations;
- Inspect completed work to ensuring quality of work standards are met and identify preventive maintenance requirements;
- Maintain a variety of files and records to providing an up to date reference and tracking expenditure;
- Operate computerized management systems to setting up systems to analyse failures;
- Supervise and provide technical support and guidance to contractors/mechanical staff as required.
- Manage/control/maintain Site accommodation and infrastructure inclusive of dining facilities.
- Manage and control the service / maintenance and legal compliance of the company’s fleet of light vehicles and ancillary equipment.
Legal and other requirements
- Police clearance and medical examinations of fitness
- Valid driver’s license
Qualifications and experience
- 10 years’ experience in a plant maintenance environment; diamond plant experience will be an added advantage;
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering;
- Solid background in a Mining and Plant environment;
- Knowledge of legislation, policies and procedures and regulations;
- Knowledge of engineering maintenance practice.
- Knowledge of civil / construction of buildings and infrastructure inclusive of messing facilities.
Skills and competencies
- Organizational, planning and managing maintenance, shutdowns and projects;
- Project Management skills;
- Results driven;
- Problem analysis and solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication;
- Engineering background;
- Attention to details/ detail focused;
- Confidentiality and integrity
- Supervision and coordination skills;
- Ability to read technical information;
- Ability to compose a variety of documents
- Ability to operate mechanical and maintenance equipment and related components;
- Ability to facilitate group discussions and solve practical problems;
Application letters including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted to:
Letsie Office Park – Pension House
email address: [email protected]
Closing date for submission of applications is Friday 21st December 2018
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted