Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Senior Vice-Presidency (SNVP) is responsible for supporting the President in the day-to-day management of the Bank Group to achieve its strategic objective and drive performance culture that will align all processes and systems to deliver high impact results. The SNVP will provide effective leadership and exceptional coordination to ensure implementation and monitoring of key corporate decisions as well as the identification of necessary corrective measures and actions. The SNVP will lead Senior Management discussions, decision-making processes and the implementation of key Board and Management decisions.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The primary role of the Programming and Budget Department (SNPB) is to develop a strategic approach to planning and budgeting, and to coordinate the definition, planning, implementation and monitoring of Bank-wide programming and budgeting processes.
The Budget Programming Division (SNPB1) is responsible to lead the formulation of the Bank’s three-year resource planning and allocation framework in line with key institutional priorities and the Bank’s strategy, cross-cutting objectives and areas of priority. The Division also assists and contributes to leading and coordinating Budget Programming, Budget Processes, Budget Data Management, Budget Policies and Budget Control Framework activities.
This position, Budget Assistant, is located in the Programming Division of the Budget Department. The incumbent will work with the chief and principal budget officers and will be responsible for maintaining and developing budgeting tools and providing technical IT support to the Division.
Under the general supervision of the Chief and Principal budget officers, the Senior Budget Assistant will perform the following:
- To contribute effectively to the improvement of the Budget Infrastructure by liaising with the IT experts of the Budget Department and with key experts of the Bank’s IT Department.
- To provide technical assistance to Budget Officer’s as well as budget focal points during the preparation of the Administrative and Capital Budgets of the Bank Budget, designing and deploying the necessary tools, simulating budget scenarios and providing figures and tables for the arbitration process and budget reports.
- Provide support to Budget Officers in extracting information’s and generating expenditure reports from various information system databases; assists in preliminary analyses of the extracted information and the reports generated, and highlights areas of concern for the attention of the budget Officers.
- Perform monthly data collection of key statistical data required for the cost distribution and cost allocation
- Make sure the Time Recording System compliance rate is within target before the running of the monthly cost allocation to deliverables.
- Perform periodic data reconciliation to ensure that there is no misspostings in cost data and if any work closely with various stakeholders for the correction.
- Perform preliminary analysis of variances between approved budgets and actual expenditures for
expenditure reports, prepare adjustments as necessary.
- Assist in the production of the Bank’s Consultancy Headcount and Cost monthly and annual report
- To design Budget training material as needed and contribute to the delivery of the Bank Wide Budget Training
- To carry out any other duties commensurate with the position.
COMPETENCIES (skills, experience and knowledge):
- Hold at least of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business Administration or other related disciplines.
- At least six years of professional experience in budgeting, cost accounting and information technology..
- High level of IT literacy, including VB and WEB programming. Knowledge of SAP Hana and/or SAP BW configuration/programming/system administration is an advantage
- Ability to analyze large volumes of data accurately and efficiently using various data analysis technics
- A desire to deliver excellent service at all times while developing a strong relationship with stakeholders.
- Excellent sense of initiative, confidentiality, enthusiasm, and team spirit
- Experience in international organizations will be an asset.
- Ability to work on own initiative and resolve problems without direct supervision.
- Considerable of Database software, Reporting and Dashboard Technics
- Good written and oral skills in French or English with a good working knowledge of the other language
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access).
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE POST HOLDER WILL BE CONSIDERED A SHORT-TERM STAFF (local staff)