Publication date: 18-May-2021
Closing date: 17-Jun-2021
Duty station: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 81 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The role of the Human Resources Management department of the African Development Bank Group is to develop and execute a People Strategy, policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic agenda. Core to the Human Resources Strategy is to attract, develop, engage, motivate, and retain a best-in-class workforce.
Under the overall supervision of the Division Manager, Talent and Development and reporting to the Senior Leadership and Employee Development Officer, the Short-term Staff (STS) Leadership Development Assistant is responsible for providing support in planning, administration and delivery of leadership development initiatives and programs in the Bank.
Duties and responsibilities
The Short-term Staff (STS) Leadership Development Assistant will be required to deliver on the following duties, tasks, and responsibilities:
- Support in the data generation and analytics in the design of the leadership development programme
- Provide assistance in identifying, collecting, analyzing, and assessing leadership training needs across the Bank.
- Provide support in the coordination of logistics before, during and after leadership training sessions.
- Support the development of leadership learning packs that will enable alignment to the Bank’s Core Values and vision.
- Support the maintenance of an overview of best practices in respect of leadership and development issues.
- Assist in administering and analyzing post-training evaluations to determine relevance and impact of programs offered.
- Support the creation of measurement systems to track adoption, utilization, and proficiency of individual changes due to the delivered leadership learning programmes.
- Conduct periodic benchmarking exercises and comparative analysis of other sister organizations to improve the quality of leadership development programmes in the Bank.
- Assist in all phases of the content development cycle, including needs analysis, planning, designing, developing, implementing, evaluating, and reporting.
- Provide support for identifying innovative staff leadership development opportunities available both in-house and externally and their implementation.
- Support in designing a feedback process for improving required leadership capabilities.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual reports (including statistics and key performance indicators) on leadership development activities and recommend process improvements.
- Act as a point of contact for administrative queries relating to leadership development from internal customers.
- Collect and maintain up to date records and data relating to leadership development initiatives and programs within the Bank.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Task Manager.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Organizational Development, Learning and Development, Talent Management or a relevant social sciences field. Additional Leadership development accreditation is advantageous.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years for GS6 and a minimum of five (5) years for GS7 of relevant experience in HR assignments related to Human Resources Management, Learning & Development, Organization Development.
- Knowledge and experience of principles and practice of adult learning.
- Experience of working with training and development providers.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills; advanced knowledge and mastery of spread sheets, database software and related tools.
- Ability to compile, analyze complex data with high numerical proficiency.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, multitask and prioritize under pressure with minimal supervision
- Ability to work accurately, with attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and ability to recognize and correct mistakes and maintain continuous improvements.
- Ability to work as a member of a team to ensure excellent service provision levels are met.
- Ability to work pro-actively and under own initiative to ensure that deadlines are met, or queries resolved.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- An ability to build relationships.
- Sense of confidentiality and knowledge of Data Protection and Document Management
- Understanding of distance/eLearning.
- Team Spirit.
- Client Orientation.
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; Experience with Learning Management Systems and virtual/ e-learning technology.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in French or English, preferably with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization in the proposed country of employment.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE POST HOLDER WILL BE
CONSIDERED AS A SHORT-TERM STAFF (local staff)
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.