Publication date: 27-Nov-2019
Closing date: 10-Dec-2019
Duty station: Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth. In order to sharply focus the objectives of the Ten Year Strategy (2013 – 2022) and ensure greater developmental impact, five major areas (High 5s), all of which will accelerate our delivery for Africa, have been identified for scaling up, namely; energy, agro-business, industrialization, integration and improving the quality of life for the people of Africa. The Bank is seeking to build a management team that will lead the successful implementation of this vision.
The Vice-President, Human Resources and Corporate Services will lead the effort to digitalize and transform the Bank into a knowledge-driven workforce, promote human resources policies that enhance talent, drive a performance-driven culture, and ensure the competitiveness of the Bank as the employer of choice. Under the direction of the President, s/he will drive a new corporate culture that rewards creativity and innovation and attracts and retains a world class workforce into the Bank.
THE HIRING DEPARTMENT:
The role of the Human Resources Management department is to develop and execute a People Strategy, Policies, processes and practices which will enable the Bank to achieve its strategic Agenda. Core to the Human Resources Strategy will be the attraction, development, engagement, motivation and retention of a best-in-class workforce.
In order to create a truly transformed human resources work-way, the Human Resources Management department is structured around a triangular Model: Business Partnerships for strategy, client contracting and human resources delivery; Centers of Expertise/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) for internal consulting, thought leadership, design, talent and staff development and training and best practice benchmarking; Human Resources Shared Services for transactional excellence and employees outreach. This new Human Resources Model will deliver a world-class employee life-cycle experience.
The Staff Development and Training Division embeds a strategic approach to human resource development and management that results in more effective talent and performance management including strategic sourcing and career development and mobility, Leadership Development, compensation and reward and policy and compliance.
Under the general supervision of the Recruitment Officer, and working closely with recruitment team members, HR Business Partners (HRBPs), HR Shared Services colleagues, the Short-Term Staff will support recruitment related activities including data collection, data management, data analysis and reporting. S/he will also be expected to take active part and provide support to the entire recruitment process from advertising up to the end of the process.
Duties and responsibilities
a) Vacancies and Positions Management
- Assist the preparation of Vacancy Notices through liaising with Language Services for translation;
- Post and tracks vacancies on the e-recruitment platform;
- Manage the application process via e-recruitment platform;
- Attend to queries from clients in a timely manner.
b) Data Monitoring, Analytics and Reporting
- Set up systems, databases and processes for collection of data on recruitment related activities;
- Compile and maintains statistical records on recruitment at each stage of the cycle, analyzing data and producing statistical reports that reflect current recruitment activities/status;
- Produce reports as needed by various internal clients, including dashboards for Senior Management;
- Capture and enter data into HRIS;
- Produce ad-hoc reports as requested;
- Provide support on HRIS upgrades and testing;
- Respond to HRIS data inquiries and requests from different team members.
c) Audit and Compliance
- Execute duties in line with set rules, policies, procedures and standards;
- Assist the Recruitment Officer on compliance matters through executing activities in line with the Banks regulations, policies, procedures and standards;
- Assist or provide support on audit related activities.
d) Other Recruitment related tasks
- Filing of recruitment related information and documents;
- Support reference and background checks;
- Support the preparation and management of offers;
- Liaising and following up on appointments with HR Administration;
e) Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent;
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in Human Resources Information Systems or similar environment;
- Knowledge of HRIS and ATS systems and practices;
- Knowledge of computer database systems;
- Knowledge of general human resources management;
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure;
- Ability to multi-task within a multidisciplinary and multicultural team;
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Excellent knowledge of the use of standard software (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and web tools).
- Knowledge of Taleo, SAP or other IT systems used in the Bank will be an added advantage.
THIS POSITION DOES NOT ATTRACT INTERNATIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS. THE POST HOLDER WILL BE
CONSIDERED A SHORT-TERM STAFF (local staff)
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for further assessment, will be contacted. Applicants should submit with their application:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Scanned copies of relevant certified educational qualifications.
- Proof of citizenship or evidence of permanent residency or work authorization for CÔTE D’IVOIRE.
- Any additional documents deemed relevant to this position.
Apply for this position
To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries.
Applicants who fully meet the Bank’s requirements and are considered for interview will be contacted. Only online applications submitted with a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of the required degrees will be considered. The President, AfDB, reserves the right to appoint a candidate at a lower level. The African Development Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The African Development Bank Group (AfDB) does not ask for payments of any kind from applicants throughout the recruitment process (job application, CV review, interview meeting, and final processing of applications). In addition, the Bank does not request information on applicants’ bank accounts. The African Development Bank Group declines all responsibility for the fraudulent publications of job offers in its name or, in general, for the fraudulent use of its name in any way whatsoever.