Sales > SBU NCE > Noblesfontein
- Closely adhere to all safety standards and procedures. Act as a safety role model, encourage and recognize others completing safe acts, and intervene when unsafe acts are being practiced. Identify gaps in safety standards and safety risks in the operational environment, implement effective risk mitigation, and provide recommendations to higher-level technical staff and management
- Perform intermediate level wind turbine maintenance and/or installation tasks as assigned, such as proficient operation and use of tools (including but not limited to specialised calibration, hydraulic, power tools) and basic turbine equipment. Document tasks where required and enters data into company system (e.g. SAP)
- Effectively gather information regarding turbine performance / issues. May diagnose, recommend, and implement solutions up to intermediate routine issues. Seek assistance when encountering turbine issues outside trained skill level to ensure success in resolution
- Follow basic structured problem-solving process to complete troubleshooting and diagnostic tasks to include the use of diagnostic tools (e.g. basic fluke meter functions, hydraulic pressure gauge) and independently initiate and perform most work tasks, as well as follow defined instructions and maintenance schedules, executing plans as directed, and perform according to written and verbal instruction from higher-level technical staff
- Effectively promote strong team environment by assisting teammates in accomplishing goals and mentoring lower level technical staff. Visibly support and promote change initiatives and team spirit and cooperation as well as proactively look for improvement opportunities to job appropriate processes and procedures and communicate through appropriate channels or implement improvements using the appropriate control management protocol
- Interface with customer and may respond to customer inquiries. Refer complex customer inquiries to higher-level technical staff or manager. Demonstrate strong customer focus at all times
- Tertiary diploma or equivalent and a minimum one (1) year technical wind industry experience, OR six (6) months technical wind industry experience and a certificate of completion from a Wind Technician program, OR in absence of technical wind industry experience, minimum three (3) years’ experience working with hydraulic, electrical, mechanical skills and/or composite skills
- Trade tested – Mechanical or electrical
- Demonstrated use and understanding of intermediate level power tools such as hydraulic, power torque and diagnostic tools (e.g. fluke meter functions and hydraulic pressure gauge)
- Ability to demonstrate an intermediate working knowledge of industrial safety practices / protocols (e.g. Confined Space, energy isolation)
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to obtain a passport
- Strong attention to detail and execution excellence and good interpersonal and customer relation skills as well as the ability to effectively collaborate with employees at all professional levels and ability to respectfully follow supervision and support initiatives
- Basic computer operation skills, familiarity with internet-based program navigation, and ability to generate and interpret computer data and ability to read, interpret and understand drawings and schematics to validate work activity and ensure that risks are identified and mitigated
- Ability to constantly climb stairs and ladders 60-125 meters in height, in order to access work area as well as the ability to frequently lift, push, pull, and carry items up to 30 Kg in weight
- Comfort constantly working in confined spaces and at heights over 100 meters
- Ability to speak, read, comprehend, and write in English as well as the ability to successfully participate in all training courses, including controlled decent
- Ability to hear and see, including the ability to perceive depth and distinguish colours, sufficient to perform job functions and use close range radios and also able to work in demanding physical and inclement weather conditions
- Comfort working remotely in a Turbine as part of a team with limited supervisory interaction
- Ability to work in a respirator, including passing a respirator medical evaluation and fit test
What we offer
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities, we offer: Medical Aid; annual leave and pension plan
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, colour, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to all, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law.
Please apply no later than 1st of May.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.