SEO ManagerBonsai is a fully-remote, venture-backed, fast-growing, and profitable company that helps 200,000+ freelancers manage their business and do the work they love. We’re looking for a “CEO of SEO”, an experienced SEO manager to set and execute the strategy for our SEO growth channel.
What will you do?
What will you do?
- Keyword roadmapping & research – Build content plan for 3-6-12 months, identify 10x opportunities
- Improve performance of existing pages (onpage & offpage optimization) – You will be tasked to design a process to preserve our existing KW rankings, make improvements to our SEO pages and keep a track of important pages.
- Monitor performance of our pages for important KWs – This involves constantly staying on top of ranking changes, taking corrective actions to fix ranking drops, replicating initiatives that got us ranking increases, and analyzing historical SEO data to build our internal SEO improvements playbook.
- Work with our Content Manager – You’ll work with the content manager on implementing content for new pages, help them out with page structure required, write SEO guidelines, and audit content created by our Content Manager once they’ve implemented your suggestions.
- Proactively bring up new SEO initiatives and implement them – This is a big one. We expect you to constantly remain updated with latest SEO information, new SEO tricks & tactics to try, monitor our competitor’s SEO strategy etc. SEO is ever-evolving and we need you to constantly lead an evolving SEO strategy at Bonsai.
- Conversion Rate Optimisation of our existing SEO pages – You will find ways to improve conversions from our existing SEO pages, while balancing user intent.
- Lead our link-building program – You will do link-building yourself as well as manage our link-building agencies.
- Own tech SEO optimization – You’ll keep a close eye on page speed, user intent, page structure, sitemap, site structure etc. and execute the changes yourself whenever needed.
What are the requirements?
- At least 3 years as an SEO strategist
At least 1 year of full-time remote work
- Deep knowledge of analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Mixpanel) and keyword research tools (e.g., Ahrefs)
- Familiarity with content management systems for SEO. Bonus points if you’re familiar with Webflow
- Up to date on the latest trends in SEO
- Ability to overlap 4 hours each M-F with the morning Eastern Standard Time
Who will thrive in this role?
- You’re a self-starter and entrepreneurial. You plan your week, month and year’s tasks in advance on your own and don’t require hand-holding with your work. You can put together a quarterly plan.
- You have the ability to prioritize: we have tons of pages, lots of different improvements that can be made, lots of keywords to try, lots of experiments to run. How do we prioritize what we do?
- You’re inherently inquisitive. You’re always thinking about different page structures. You’re looking at other software sites SEO, listening to podcasts, subscribed to SEO newsletters like Moz and SEOnotebook, checking out product hunt etc.
- You know what good content is (like how a single article can bring in $1 million revenue monthly)
- You’re disciplined with your time and are great at managing multiple things going on at once.
- You’re proactive and regularly bring up new ideas.
- You have a “Get shit done” mindset: you’re very action-oriented, you like and want to get your hands dirty.
- Work with an all-star international team.
Competitive compensation with a performance bonus / profit-sharing
- All-expenses paid team retreats (our last retreat was in Mexico!)
- Work when and where you want
- 40 hours work week (we’re running a marathon, not a sprint)
- Learning & development stipend (we care about your growth)
- Unlimited vacation
- Business transparency across the board – everyone knows everything
- Contribute to the growth of a product that has raving reviews