SOFTGAMES is looking for a solid and talented Senior User Interface (UI) Game Artist (remote or Berlin) to help create amazing User Experiences for our social mobile games for Facebook and the App Stores.
The ideal candidate should have a keen eye for detail, are great problem solvers and have passion for User Interface design and experiences. The candidate will be responsible for creating and improving art assets for menus, icons and in-game HUDs. Furthermore the ideal candidate will design intuitive, attractive and functional UI systems while paying special attention to the quality of the user experience.
Qualified applicants will be expected to complete a graphics test.
Please note: this is a remote position. No relocation to Berlin necessary.
Your role will consist in:
- Creating the visual design from concept stage to implementation
- Designing UI animations, transitions and visual effects
- Documenting UI style guides
- Working in synergy with developers and designers, delivering assets in accordance to the project’s technical and feature requirements
- Concisely communicating your ideas about improving screen flows and game features from the perspective of the user experience
- Demonstrating creativity and adaptability to a variety of artistic styles
- Fluent in English, strong communication and interpersonal skills
- 5+ years experience in creating polished, visually appealing, user friendly, consistent and distinct user interface art assets (e.g. buttons, menus, icons and animation.)
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with 2D Animation and Visual Effects
- Passionate about games!
- Experience with casual games (45+ female core audience)
- Experience in user interface design for mobile and web games
- Great sense of composition and colour
- An opportunity to work with international and highly motivated professionals in the fast-evolving Instant Games business
- An exciting job where you can assume responsibility and develop professionally
- Flexible working-hours and flat company hierarchy
With offices in Berlin, Germany and Toronto, Canada, SOFTGAMES is a leading developer of the most popular Social Games on Facebook and for the App Stores with tens of million users every month. Our vision is to help users to instantly play great games with their friends. To-date, more than 100 MM people have played our games on Facebook Messenger, including Cookie Crush, Solitaire Story, Mahjong Story, Space Invaders, Fish Story, Bubble Shooter or Candy Rain.