- Full Time
Why Join Tiny
With software used by millions of developers, and thousands of products worldwide, Tiny creates some of the world’s most popular open source software.
Tiny builds the software that helps support some of the world’s most innovative start-ups and established enterprises; we create developer tools for the modern world. Most developers would be familiar with TinyMCE, the flexible open source rich text editor used by companies such as Atlassian, Accelo, Drift and more.
Scaling up our remote team, Tiny is evolving and growing our team globally as we continue to expand our product offerings, and create even better developer experiences.
Big problems are solved with Tiny solutions.
Your New Role
The Tiny engineering team is looking for a Senior JS Technical Writer to join us in documenting one of the most popular open source projects. You will help explain to open source developers the concepts and ideas that power TinyMCE behind the scenes. Your contributions will scale our platform to open source developers worldwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct interviews of technical staff to grok and understand how TinyMCE interacts with browser technologies.
- Work with an illustrator to show how the concepts hang together.
- Research and interpret technical content for use by technical users and students.
- Responding to subject matter experts, tracking progress and finalizing deliverables.
- A seasoned, experienced professional; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
To perform this role successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree majoring in Information Technology or Computer Science or Arts/Languages or Technical Communications equivalent.
- Strong writing ability; ability to read, write and compile technical documents, including feature descriptions, use cases and release notes. Ability to write both technical and non-technical information. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Knowledge of Open Source.
- Demonstrated ability to manage publishing infrastructure and requisite automation.
- The ability to logically structure conceptual information.
- The ability to create and test api documentation.
- Comfortable interviewing quirky developers on how our core libraries are structured.
- Experience working in a remote and agile environment with open source developers located in various timezones and geographies.
This is a fully remote, work from home position and can be worked from anywhere in the world.