The ideal candidate is highly experienced in managing custom web application development projects, will have taken a lead role on enterprise-wide projects (with project budgets at or above $.5 MM), and will understand what it means to be a successful consultant. The position requires knowledge of the nonprofit sector, a strong technical background, software development expertise using a variety of methodologies, and excellent consulting and communication skills.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in customer-facing consulting required, working knowledge of nonprofit business processes preferred;
- Proven experience initiating open and honest coaching conversations at all levels;
- Ability to establish the root causes of issues and tackle them, not just address symptoms;
- Ability to move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant details.
- Experience managing remote teams;
- Excellent presentation skills, including the ability to convey technical issues to a non-technical audience;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Recent experience in managing software-as-a-service projects, experience with Salesforce.com preferred;
- Experience working with, or leading, diverse teams;
- Ability to foster collaboration and successfully interact internally across departments and positions, and externally with clients and stakeholders.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Managing the development of custom Salesforce.com solutions on projects ranging in size from small engagements to multi-person teams and in complexity from Salesforce.com configuration to Force.com development on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Overseeing projects to ensure projects are properly planned and staffed, the project is delivered on time and on budget, and that the client can serve as a reference upon completing their implementation.
- Developing a project plan to ensure compliance with all the agreed milestones.
- Tracking project status and periodically present to client project managers, internal stakeholders, and executives sponsor.
- Working with the client to identify/resolve all issues that could impact project scope or timeline.
- Managing client expectations and managing scope via change orders.
What You Can Expect:
- Competitive pay and total compensation package, including commission, a 401(K) employer match, and participation in an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).
- Excellent benefits, including employer paid health coverage, and a generous vacation policy that grows over time.
- A fun and collaborative environment full of high-caliber professionals.
- Flexible, remote work environment with zero commute time.
- Opportunities for innovation and tackling complex challenges.
Who We Are:
Exponent Partners is a passionate, mission driven, organization that exclusively serves nonprofits. We strive to be a changemaker that drives positive, progressive change using the tools at our disposal; and to build an organization that is good for our employees and that reflects the kind of values that we want to see in our community and society. We aspire to an organizational culture that is equal, diverse, curious, growth-minded, innovative, results-focused, and progressive – just like the society that we wish to be part of!
Exponent Partners is committed to building a diverse team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, experiences, and skills because we believe diversity drives innovation and impact. We strongly encourage people of color, women, and LGBTQ candidates to apply.