SUMMARY: CDC –CID LINK
PSI Lesotho through support from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is implementing a five year Scaling up Targeted-Community Based HIV Testing Services and Linkage to Treatment in Lesotho (CID-LINK) award. This project contributes directly to Lesotho’s National Multi-Sectoral HIV Prevention Strategy, by reducing the impact of HIV and AIDS in Lesotho using evidenced-based sexual and biomedical prevention programs. CID-LINK uses innovative strategies to provide confidential community-based HIV Testing Services (HTS) and Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) services in Lesotho targeting 4 (Maseru, Berea, Mafeteng and Mohale`s Hoek) Lowland Districts. PSI Lesotho currently implements SRH and HTS services under the Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored Safe (DREAMS) program targeting adolescent girls and women aged 15 to 24 years and men aged 20 to 49 years who are their sexual partners.
PSI seeks a Senior SRH and HTS Officer to provide direct SRH and HTS service delivery under DREAMS. This cadre will also lead a multifaceted team providing different services under the DREAMS package at community level.
This position is based at the district and reports directly to the DREAMS Manager.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide directly SRH and HTS services to eligible DREAMS beneficiaries
• Undertake all planning, organizing and coordinating of all SRH and HTS activities at community level
• Offer a mix of contraceptive services such as IUDs, sub-dermal contraceptive
implants, COCs and POPs, male and female condoms etc.
• Offer HTS including Index HTS to eligible DREAMS beneficiaries
• Assist the DREAMS Manager with commodity management at community level
• Provide AGYW with screening services for Sexually Transmitted Infections and
appropriate referral services
• Screen all AGYW for incidence of Gender Based Violence at every encounter –emotional, sexual or physical and referred to appropriate services
• Ensure adequate layering of DREAMS services for eligible beneficiaries
• Directly supervise Linkage Agents, IPC&HIVST Agents, DREAMS Peer Educators and Drivers in the unit
• Ensure accurate and timeous data entry and submission at community level
• Ensure that Demand Creation Activities that are targeted at eligible DREAMS
beneficiaries sync with Team
• Ensure that vehicle log books are managed according to policies and guidelines
• Identify and map community spots that contribute towards project success
• Be directly responsible and accountable for the overall Team’s success towards achieving project goals and objectives
• Engage actively with the Demand Creation Advisor on Demand Creation and Mobilization activities.
Information, Communication and Learning
• Ensure that relevant IEC materials on relevant topics of interest to clients are
available at all times and in good condition.
• Ensure that experiences and best practices are documented and shared across the Team
Collaboration and Partnership
• Liaise with relevant network partners to build harmonious relations and joint
decision making related to project activities.
• Good collaboration with stakeholders and other partners
• Ability to include other DREAMS IPs in activities
Human Resource Management
• Work with DREAMS Managers to ensure training of staff
• Assess training needs of staff and plan remedial actions
• Manage performance among team members
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Registered Midwife with at least 3 years’ experience in HIV and SRH programming
• Management experience is highly preferred
• Experience in community SRH and HTS work is highly desirable
• Experience working in community health-intervention programs
• Prior experience working with NGOs is desirable
• Ability to perform according to PSI Prime competencies
• Knowledge of the Lesotho health and social services sector
• Ability and willingness to work outside normal working hours, as required by
• Demonstrate ability to work sensitively and compassionately with a diverse range of people including Key population groups
• Strong interpersonal skills, including fluency in English and Sesotho
• Personal commitment to the fight against HIV/AIDS
• Strong local knowledge of MOH hospitals, health centers and clinics
• Computer proficient
• Excellent problem-solving skills including identifying and recommending solutions
• Excellent written communications skills including grammar and proofreading skills
• Ability to work well in a team environment and independently to achieve common objectives
• Ability to exercise sound judgement and make timely decisions
• Ability to work multiple priorities and deadlines and to pitch where needed
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with others
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and analytical ability
• Detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should hand deliver a cover letter, resume/curricula vitae (CV), list of 3-5 professional references (with contact information, supervisory references preferred), certified passport or ID copy and certified copies of all academic degrees/ certificates to the Senior Human Resources Manager, PSI Lesotho, 138 Moshoeshoe Road, Industrial Area, Maseru, P.O Box 15863.
While all application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
The application submission deadline is 12:00 p.m. local time on Friday, 30th April, 2021.
Please note that late applications will not be considered.