For more information about the impact area and cluster, please visit https://www.csir.co.za/radar-and-electronic-warfare and https://www.csir.co.za/defence-and-security respectively.
In the field of Radar and Electronic Warfare:
- Develop advanced signal processing algorithms;
- Analyse mathematical systems, their performance and induced system effects;
- Simulate and analyse operation-based systems;
- Simulate and undertake functional analysis of systems and subsystems;
- Implement algorithms on systems;
- Experiment with deployable systems to validate and improve algorithms;
- Experiment with operational systems to characterise and understand performance;
- Design and specify systems;
- Develop prototypes using high level language (such as Matlab, Julia, Python and/or C++)
- Liaise with and report to internal and external clients as well as stakeholders;
- Analyse system requirements, capabilities, and functionality.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in electronic/computer engineering with at least five years signal processing or system analysis experience;
- A postgraduate degree will be an advantage;
- Prior experience in Electronic Warfare will be advantageous
- Post-graduate courses in the following will be an advantage:
- Radar and/or Electronic Defence/Warfare
- signal processing;
- pattern recognition;
- sensor / data fusion.
- Experience in Matlab, Julia, Python and/or C++.
- Knowledge of the following will be an advantage: Antennas, Radio Frequency (RF) systems, Electromagnetic Theory and Propagation;
- Knowledge of electronic hardware and software implementation;
- Technical report writing and presentations skills;
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
Closing date: 21 October 2019
PLEASE NOTE THAT FEEDBACK WILL BE GIVEN TO SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES ONLY.
For more info, please contact the CSIR Recruitment Centre on 012 841 4774 or email us at [email protected]
The CSIR is an equal opportunity employer. As such, it is committed to the Employment Equity Act of 1998. By applying for this position at the CSIR, the applicant understands, consents and agrees that the CSIR may solicit a credit and criminal report from a registered credit bureau and/or SAPS (in relation to positions that require trust and honesty and/or entail the handling of cash or finances) and may also verify the applicant’s educational qualifications and employment history. The CSIR reserves the right to remove the advertisement at any time before the stated closing date and it further reserves the right not to appoint if a suitable candidate is not identified.