Letšeng seeks to engage competent Basotho nationals with appropriate skills and aptitude to fill the positions of SENIOR ROPE ACCESS PRACTITIONER (SIX MONTHS FIXED-TERM).
SENIOR ROPE ACCESS PRACTITIONER: Reporting to the Geotechnical Engineer, the Senior Rope Access Practitioner will plan and supervise rock barring and support installation work.
MAIN OUTPUTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise rope access technician’s team
• Responsibility towards the safety of the team
• Conduct job planning, risk assessments, rope rigging and rescue procedures
• Inspect equipment i.e. harness, ropes and rigging before executing work
• Routine inspection of the inaccessible high walls
• Supervision of rock barring and support installation
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Rope Access Certification Level 2
• At least 2000 hours working as level 2
• First Aid level 1 certification
• Light Vehicle Driver’s License
• Open pit rock barring and support installation experience
• Charging and blasting experience
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the work methods and techniques applied in working at heights
• Knowledge of legislations, safety requirements and quality assurance procedures relating to rope access
• Attention to Detail
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to the Human Resources Office, Letšeng Diamonds House, Corner Kingsway and Old School Road, P.O. Box 12508, Maseru 100, Lesotho or email them to [email protected]
CLOSING DATE: 18th October 2019.
DISCLAIMER: Only short-listed candidates will be responded to.