Conservation International (CI) is seeking a Senior Proposal Manager, ideally based at Conservation South Africa (CSA.).The position reports to the Senior Director, Large Grants Capacity, of Global Public Partnerships in Arlington, VA. Global Public Partnerships is responsible for providing strategic direction in the expansion of CI’s public donor network through engagement in policy implementation and priority setting discussions with public donors. Public Donors include Multilaterals such as the World Bank, the UN system, and bilaterals such as the government of Norway, France and the United States.
The Senior Proposal Manager will work with the Senior Director in the development of proposals for all CI public funding donors (including GEF and GCF CI Agencies), with emphasis on proposals from field offices in Africa. The Senior Proposal Manager will be responsible for drafting text for proposals, completing due diligence forms (as required by donors), and knowledge management for CI’s proposal process, such as creating, maintaining and updating performance reports, stock text, and other internal resources required for developing public proposals. In addition, the Senior Proposal Manager will provide critical project management for the proposal development process for large public projects.
The Senior Proposal Manager will also liaise with the Head of Program Delivery and the Senior Director of Development for the Africa Field Division, supporting the proposal development processes for country offices and regional teams.
- Draft text for proposals, including (but not limited to) risk assessments, theories of change, logframes, and proposal narratives.
- Provide thorough copy edits for proposals and supplemental materials
- Complete due diligence forms as required by donors
- Update past performance reports
- Keep “stock text” database up to date with quality, uniformed, accurate text
- Keep proposal development process on track by scheduling meetings and ensuring internal deadlines are met
- Manage process for smaller grant/contract proposals
- Communicate with project staff to obtain information for proposals
- Support project teams especially in Africa with work plan and implementation plan development.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- This position is based in South Africa.
- Typical office environment.
- May need to work extended hours on occasion.
- Possible travel to support field offices on large project development, less than 25% of time
- Bachelor’s degree, with coursework or experience in environmental sciences and/or international development
- 5 years experience with public funding applications and grant writing
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-cultural communication and management skills
- Proven ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and work with interdisciplinary teams
- Ability to work on projects involving expertise outside own functional and programmatic area and to develop ideas or solutions to complex problems that go beyond established practices
- Excellent attention to details and ability to follow instructions
- Proven track record of taking initiative, working independently, and coordinating dispersed teams
- Passion for conservation of nature and a commitment to CI’s vision and mission
- Applicants will need to have the legal right to work in South Africa without employer sponsorship CSA is an affirmative action employer, Wherever possible, selection will favour previously disadvantaged individuals, provided they are in possession of the required skills, knowledge and experience.
- Master’s degree
- French language abilities strongly preferred
To apply for this position please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample.
Application Deadline: August 8, 2020
See all Conservation International Career Opportunities HERE