Catholic Relief Services is currently recruiting for a Senior Project Officer – Youth Engagement and Livelihoods in Maseru, Lesotho: Full job description and employment application form can be obtained by request from [email protected] with subject line: JD Request – YEL
As the lead for the Youth Engagement and Livelihoods project, you will facilitate the achievement of project objectives through coordinating and reporting on all project activities and providing technical guidance and advice to staff and implementing partner(s) advancing Catholic Relief Services’ (CRS) work serving the poor and vulnerable. Your coordination and relationship management skills will ensure that the project for which you are responsible applies best practices and constantly works towards improving the impact of its benefits to those we serve. In addition, you will be the Country Program lead/focal point for youth for the Country Program.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Organize and lead the implementation of all assigned project activities as outlined in the detailed implementation plan in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Ensure learning properly accompanies project activities throughout the project cycle. Support accountability through coordinating project evaluation activities and guiding partners in their efforts to reflect on project experiences. Analyze implementation challenges and report any inconsistencies and/or gaps to inform adjustments to plans and implementation schedules.
- Coordinate and oversee working relationships with all local project stakeholders and serve as the liaison between them and the project team to mobilize local actors and promote project activities and impact.
- Supervise and perform ad-hoc inspections of various processes and resources at project sites to ensure timely project activities implementation and adherence to established process standards and procedures. Ensure proper tracking of resource use for project activities through periodic budget reviews and follow-up with and assistance to implementing partner.
- Support and coordinate capacity building and technical support activities to ensure assigned project activities are implemented per project guidelines and standards.
- Coordinate provision of any logistical and administrative support to staff and partners.
- Ensure project documentation for assigned activities is complete with all required documents and is filed per agency and donor requirements.
- Assist with preparation of trends analysis reports and documentation of case studies and promising practices
- Provide technical analysis and support in the area of youth programming in line with Catholic Relief Services (CRS) program quality principles and standards, donor guidelines, and industry best practice to technical staff, and Country Program (CP) staff across multiple projects
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Degree in in the field of Community Development would be a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in project support, ideally in the field of youth programming and for an NGO.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
Required Languages – Fluent English and Sesotho
Travel Must be willing and able to travel up to 30%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Analysis and problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment
- Good relationship management skills and the ability to work closely with local partners
- Proactive, results-oriented and service-oriented
- Attention to details, accuracy and timeliness in executing assigned responsibilities
- Experience working with partners, participatory action planning and community engagement.
- Staff supervision experience a plus.
- Experience monitoring projects and collecting relevant data.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Please note that the position is only open to applicants who are Citizens of Lesotho. Interested Basotho candidates should submit their CV and cover letter indicating salary expectations, no later than 23rd April 2021 at 17:00 by email to [email protected] with the subject line: YEL CRS LS. If the subject line does not indicate the position, the applicant will not be considered. HARD COPY APPLICATIONS NOT ACCEPTED. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Please be advised that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, all successful candidates will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and their personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate their behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.