Title: Senior, Program Manager, Supportability
Digital Customer Success is looking for an experienced and motivated person to join our team as a Supportability Program Manager. This individual will be focused on ensuring that the products and features we release are supportable so that GitHub continues to be loved by developers and trusted by enterprises. The Supportability Program Manager will be responsible for monitoring and prioritizing supportability metrics for GitHub product and features and using this data to drive product and process improvements, develop self-service opportunities, and the development of tools to reduce customer friction. This individual will partner closely with stakeholders from Support, GTM, Engineering, Product, Design and Product Marketing to improve product supportability. This person will be responsible for the seamless rollout and sustained success of global programs. The ideal candidate will have a combination of planning / project management skills, a solid technical background, a solid understanding of modern software development processes, and the ability to build trust and confidence among team members in order to successfully drive supportability initiatives.
- Participate in the review of new products and features prior to release and identify risks that may drive support incidents/
- Partner with GTM to ensure support team readiness
- Monitor the ongoing supportability of existing features
- Develop compelling business cases and work with Engineering, Product and Design to prioritize product and feature enhancements and fixes
- Develop compelling features and customer journeys, working with engineering to prioritize and deploy
- Advocate for important issues with the Product team to ensure that our roadmap is aligned with our customers’ most pressing needs as identified through our Voice of the Customer program.
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and develop the overarching themes and stories that resonate with this targeted audience
- Partner with the Support Delivery teams to ensure support engineer readiness for new product features and capabilities.
- Evaluate, measure and report on strategic effectiveness and ROI for overall program efforts.
- Identify and implement internal process improvements for our team and the broader business.
- Manage multiple initiatives concurrently.
- 8+ years of relevant experience required, including at least 5 years in a Program Management, Technical Project Management, Customer Experience, or other technical/engineering role
- Excellent organizational, analytical and influencing skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex projects or programs.
- Experience working with internal teams to drive cross-team projects to completion.
- Motivated self-starter with an attention to detail, but who’s also flexible and comfortable with changing priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives effectively across competing development and operational priorities.
- Ability to identify key issues and empower other team members to address them in a way which builds morale and generates ownership and commitment.