Senior Product Engineer – (Golang/ Java/ React) Remote (GMT +1/+2/+3)
Who we are
Glofox is on a mission to revolutionise the fitness industry and we want your help. We are doubling in size every year, and along with our ever-growing client base that spans over 60 distinct countries, our team is dedicated to taking group fitness to the next level.
We’re a hard-working, fun-loving, get-things-done type of team that is building a platform that saves time, increases retention and ultimately, helps studio and gym owners become more successful.
At Glofox, we love entrepreneurs because we are entrepreneurs. We know how much grit it takes to start your own business and grow it into something that lasts. We roll our sleeves up, we act fast, and we learn together. We’re looking for people that will do the same!
What you will be doing
- Work with an energised, fun, friendly and customer focused cross-functional team
- Collaborate with designers, developers, product managers and testers to transform ideas into unique, human experiences for fitness entrepreneurs
- Use cutting edge Agile & Lean ways of working underpinned by DevOps and CI/CD
- Be an advocate for predictable, readable, simple and flexible code
- Mentor, pair, and delegate to encourage professional and technical growth
- Improve the scalability and performance of our platform.
Our current technical stack is underpinned by:
- MySQL and MongoDB
What Skills Do I need?
- 5+ years of industry experience in a software engineering role where you can demonstrate significant impact that your work has had on the product and/or the team.
- Extensive hands-on experience with a strong typed language such as Go-Lang or Java.
- Strong Object Oriented coding practices including Refactoring, Clean Code, Domain Driven Design, Encapsulation and Enterprise Integration patterns
- Solid understanding of the practical application of agile development methods in an Agile/Lean/Continuous Delivery environment
- Solid knowledge of Quality and Testing principles.
- Experience working with micro-services.
- Desire to contribute to the wider community through collaboration, coaching, and mentoring of other technologists
- Comfortable learning new technologies and systems
And we’d be super impressed if you have:
- Experience with front end frameworks like Angular/React
- Startup mentality with enterprise awareness. That means you can manage competing priorities, that youre ready to pivot or adjust plans quickly, and that you understand the role you and your team play in major organizations tech strategies.
- Experience contributing to the professional community as a speaker, author or online contributor
- Community involvement with open source contributions
- The chance to work at a fast-growing startup in an attractive space
- Freedom to work from wherever you like – We embrace flexible, remote work and have a distributed team across multiple countries.
- The opportunity to help fitness entrepreneurs improve the health of people worldwide
- Autonomy to make what you will; a team, a product or even just a way of doing things
- An entrepreneurial working environment. If you can make a case for a project that fits with our vision, you’ll likely be able to execute it
- Macbooks are our standard, but were happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done
- Taxsaver tickets and BikeToWork scheme
- Any support you need to level up your skills – conferences, books, screen-casts