KARABO EA BOPHELO at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho. These positions are based in any of KB supported districts.
BCMCFL-KB is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis for the duration of four years:
Senior Procurement Officer x1
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior Procurement Officer will directly report to Finance and Administration Director. S/he will be responsible for adherence of KB procurement policies, procedure and documentation to ensure compliance with BCMCFL, KB and donor regulations and applicable legislation. The position is based in Maseru.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; Purchasing and Supply; or related field
- At least five (5) years of relevant experience
- Postgraduate qualification in the relevant discipline will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations governing grants and cooperative agreements
- Experience in preparing bids, technical specifications, and contractual agreements
- Honesty and integrity when handling procurements
- Ability to conduct research and apply independent judgement and technical knowledge to analyze quotations, evaluating equipment and/or service quality, and comparing specifications and prices of competitive items
- Ability to apply independent judgement and technical knowledge to analyzing bids
Interested candidates must email applications, including CV and cover letter to [email protected] on or before Friday, 03rd July, 2020. Please quote the position applying for on the subject matter. Full adverts are available on request from Karabo Ea Bophelo Offices, 2nd Floor Agric Building, Kingsway Maseru.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.