Jhpiego is a non-prof t organization, operating in Lesotho since 2012 through supporting the government of Lesotho in delivering health services to the Basotho people. Jhpiego’s portfolio currently includes Khanya (VMMC and PrEP), THEBE (TB Contact Tracing and COVID Response), RISE (COVID Case Management and Vaccine Support), MOSAIC (Dapivirine Ring Introduction), CUT-TB (RCT) and various other small studies.
Position: Senior PrEP Technical Officer (1)
• Assist in conceptualizing, and providing leadership and strategic direction for HIV prevention program
• Contribute to the multi-sectoral collaboration with other relevant stakeholders and partners in the district to lead a coherent and coordinated HIV response
• Provide technical leadership to improve coverage and quality of HIV prevention initiatives
• Conduct comprehensive health assessments of patients in collaboration with the clinicians providing clinical services,
• Advise on prescribing medication according to standard HIV/TB treatment guidelines and in consultation with supervising doctors or nurses
• Serve as HIV liaison and resource for Ministry of Health at district level
• Represent program at district level stakeholder meetings and technical working groups in relation to HIV technical areas
• Coordinate subspecialty care needs of HIV patients by facilitating referral processes from health centers to district hospital to regional hospital.
• Support and provides technical inputs for the implementation of all project activities to timely achieve project deliverables and outcomes,
• Ensure regular meetings with district government counterparts, especially MoH officials at the district level for effective project management and respond in a timely
manner to requests for meetings, reports, etc.
• Establish systems for tracking progress, indicators and deliverables according to agreed work-plans and prepares program reports to ensure that state, donor and
headquarters reporting needs are met,
• Facilitate clinical trainings, workshops and provides on-site technical support during visits as needed, as part of a broad strategy of program strengthening including
preparing training schedules, identifying trainers, monitoring trainings and post-training supportive supervision follow-up visits.
• Provide monthly update to DHMTs (DMOs, public Health Nurse and AIDS officer)
• Liaise with district hospital management and health centers focal points to prepare and ensure quality community-based PrEP service provision. This will include ordering of drugs, HIV test kits, drug forecasting and reporting
• With the team, develop plans for service provision at fixed sites and community-based outreaches
• Represent Jhpiego and share progress at PHC district meeting
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements
• Degree in Nursing and Midwifery with at least 4years experience working within Lesotho health system or health related projects
• Valid registration with the Lesotho Nursing Council
• Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in mentoring and supervising others
• Experience in HIV testing and counseling
• Excellent problem-solving, decision-making, organizational and communication skills, with ability to prioritize, multi-task and work effectively in a demanding environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Willingness to support providers working with high-risk populations from all backgrounds
• Dynamic professional willing to work flexible hours
• Willingness to travel frequently to provide technical support to providers at mobile outreaches and fixed sites in the Jhpiego- supported districts Computer Skills, including MS Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Correspondence will be communicated with shortlisted candidates only.
Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer Interested candidates should submit application letter, CVs, certified copies of certificates and transcripts, two reference letters, Certified identity document. All applications addressed for the attention of Human Resources Manager must be sent by email address to:[email protected] or hand deliver to Jhpiego Office, Dolphin House #2, ground floor,23 Motsoene Road, Industrial Area, Maseru by 12 pm on Friday, 14 January 2022.