Liqhobong Mining Development Company (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Firestone Diamonds PLC, invites suitably qualified, self-driven, competent and results oriented Basotho to apply for the vacant position of Senior Plant Operator.
The incumbent is responsible to operate the plant in a safe, secure, efficient and productive manner. The function requires detailed knowledge of the DMS unit processes and good verbal communication skills to ensure productivity and efficiency targets are met.
Under the direct supervision of the Plant Foreman, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
• Carry out all standard pre-start up checks and report abnormalities to the Plant Foreman and/or CCR Supervisor;
• Start and stop equipment or sections of the plant as and when necessary;
• Inspect equipment and machinery frequently.
• Identify wear, defects and maintenance requirements to ensure effective operation and report to the Plant Foreman and/or CCR Supervisor;
• Communicate clearly with operational and maintenance staff as and when required;
• Attend to spillages and blockages as required;
• Carry out basic equipment repairs as instructed;
• Record relevant production information as per procedures;
• Adhere and comply with set SHE, Security and all relevant policies, procedures and best practices.
• Seek own development and learning opportunities within the Mine.
• Assist with Job Risk Analyses and other Risk assessments.
• Execution of safety plan requirements to establish good, best practice safety standards.
• On-the-job training and coaching of operators and attendants
Legal and other requirements
• Police clearance and medical examinations of fitness (No past or outstanding criminal convictions);
• Willingness to undergo integrity tests including polygraph tests regularly;
• Fit and physically strong;
• Free from vertigo and not colour blind.
Qualifications and experience
• 3 years’ experience in diamond plant operational environment;
• Good working knowledge of metallurgical plant operations specifically scrubbers, crushers, DMS etc;
• COSC certificate or equivalent. Skills and competencies
• Metallurgical plant operating skills.
• Good verbal and written communication skills;
• Sound interpersonal skills;
• Initiative, energy and self-driven.
• Consistent with agreed principles of correct moral conduct;
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Ability to actively show willingness to work overtime and be available for call-outs.
Application letters including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted to:
The Human Resource Department Liqhobong Mining Development Company 5th Floor Letsie Office Park
Pension House Constitution Road Maseru West
email: [email protected]
Closing date for submission of applications is Friday 31 May 2019
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted