SENIOR OUTSIDE OPERATOR FIBRE LINE #3 (10 / HRL 13)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seeks to place a suitably qualified Senior Outside Operator to operate the cooking or bleach plant processes and coordinate the cooking or bleach plant activities on shift basis as efficiently as possible by ensuring effective performance of all aspects of the operating units.
REPORTING TO the Shift Manager
- Take and hand over shift
- Control and audit the outside operating parameters functionality of all equipment
- Complete the pre start-up inspection of all equipment
- Perform isolation on machines / equipment as and when required
- Shut down machine / equipment as per required shut down procedure
- Report operating problems and abnormal plant conditions i.e. power failures, breakdowns, operating problems and corrective action taken to the Senior Process Controller
- Reports and record potential and actual production delays to the Senior Process Controller
- Regularly inspect all equipment in the plant for potential problems on each shift, assisted by the shift checklist and ensures corrective action is taken where necessary
- Conform and adhere to work and operating procedures and instructions
- Perform house keeping with the team – focus on area of responsibility
- Perform other duties as directed by the Senior Process Controller or Shift Manager
- Responsible for sustainable performance of the process while at the same time ensuring a safe environment
- Appropriately shut down and start the plant up when required
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Problem solving and analysis
- Planning and organising
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- S4 Chemical Engineering, relevant Diploma
- 1 year manufacturing experience
- Chemical Cellulose or Pulp and Paper experience will be advantageous
Closing date for applications: 29 May 2019
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact .
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.