Under the general supervision of the Administration Manager, the incumbent will have technical, financial and managerial responsibility for IT Section. The incumbent will be responsible to ensure that all works are executed properly in respect of specification, quantity, quality and financial obligations. That the IT Section offers valuable service to the whole organization; thus all IT facilities are working properly and efficiently all the time.
S/He should have knowledge for the below mentioned areas. The specific duties and responsibilities for this position are:
- MAIN DUTIES
- Manage information communication technology and computer systems.
- Plan, organise, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Oversees the IT infrastructure (Servers, information systems, network devices, end user devices) and provides accessibility of Information systems resources at all times.
- Manage staff by training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Ensure disaster recovery planning and business continuity.
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Prepare and manage annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Recommend solutions that could be implemented in the IT Section to Senior Management for consideration
- Communicate timeously if there will be a disruption of the system which may affect end user of the IT services.
2 FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT
- Ensure that the annual budget estimates for all works in his/her section are prepared and reviewed by the prescribed time and to make the necessary requests for the appropriate budget allocations.
- Monitor the expenditures in the division against the relevant budget to ensure that no excess expenditures are permitted to occur. If additional budget appropriations are required, ensure that the applications are made at the appropriate time and ensure that the yearly budget is effectively utilised and avoid incurring large expenditures in the closing months of the year.
- Ensure that any revenues under his/her control arising from Directorate operations in the division are fully recovered and deposited in accordance with Government procedures.
- PERFORMANCE MANAGEMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Ensures that the execution of all works and all other operations of his section are carried out in accordance with the Rules and Regulations of the Directorate.
- Ensures that all reports and other information required from the section and its subsidiary units are completed accurately in the required formats and are submitted to the Divisional Director in time.
- Liaises with other senior staff of the Roads Directorate in order to ensure good performance.
- HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
- Have technical and administrative control over the personnel in his Section and to be responsible for the proper functioning and discipline of his section and in cases of default he is to recommend to the Administration Manager for disciplinary proceedings to be instigated against the concerned personnel.
- Advise and assist in the training of Roads Directorate staff in matters pertaining to his/her section. This activity should be undertaken in close collaboration with the Roads Directorate Training Centre and Human Resource Section.
BSc Computer Science or equivalent degree qualifications (Information & Communication Technology field) AND
Minimum 5 years experience in Computer Science/ Network Administration/Systems Support. 2 years of which was at senior level of responsibility.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks and systems, network administration and network installation
Personal Attributes & Skills
- Ability to manage personnel
- Good analytical skills
- Have problem solving skills
- Work under pressure (if need be)
Roads Directorate Head office
Opposite Browns Cash and Carry
Tel: (+266) 52229000
Tel:(+266) 2222 9000
Roads Directorate Head office
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 194
Industrial Area, Maseru 100