Post No. 2117 – Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer in Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing
MINIMUM QUALIFITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A Registered Nurse who holds a PhD specialized in Midwifery and Neonatal Nursing.
- Holds a nurse Educator qualification
- At least 3 Publications in Refereed/ Accredited Journals.
- Experience in teaching and supervising learners at university level.
- Be registered with the National Nursing Council.
- Experience in curriculum development and Measurement Evaluation.
- Guide establishment of a new postgraduate programme
- Provide leadership and managerial role to the Department of Nursing
- Have an experience and expertise in implementing Competency-based and E-learning curricula
- Enhance research and publications in learners and junior teaching staff
- Promote team-building in the department and faculty
- Ability to source research grants
- Supervises student’s dissertations
- Liaises with other departments in the faculty
- Aspire to being a Professor.
- Effective oral and written communication
- Leader and manager
- Effective in managing emergencies
- Change manager
- Good listener and empathizer
- Preceptor for junior staff
- Ability to work under pressure
- Has a will to learn new novelties.
The appointment for the position shall be permanent and pensionable contract.
INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM THE CANDIDITES.
Applicants are to address the stated qualifications and provide information to assist the University to determine their suitability for the position. They should quote the post number, provide a current CV (include phone number, e-mail address or fax), certified educational certificates, transcripts and three typed references. Two of which must be academic references. Applicants must inform the referees to submit the references directly to the address below, before the stipulated closing date. References addressed to: “TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN” will not be considered as references. Application letters and references must bear signatures of the applicants and the referees respectively and be addressed to: Director Human Resources, National University of Lesotho, P.O Roma 180. Lesotho or e-mail to [email protected].
Closing date for receiving applications for the position above is 24th August, 2018
Disclaimer: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.