POST NO. 1810
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position of a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Economics
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Economics with a coursework.
• Strong background in Microeconomics and/or Macroeconomics.
• Strong background in Project Appraisal, Economic Development Planning
and Policy Analysis.
• Strong background in Quantitative [Mathematical Economics and Econometrics]
• Strong research background.
• A PhD and experience in tertiary level teaching of the above mentioned courses will be an added advantage.
• For Senior Lecturer position applicants must have at least six (6) years of teaching experience at university level, and a proven record of research and refereed publications in the relevant field, and must already be in this position at an equivalent institution of higher learning at the time of application.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The incumbent will be expected to lecture the above-mentioned courses at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, supervise and monitor student’s projects/dissertations at both undergraduate and postgraduate level as well as engage in research in the field of Economics.
The University offers competitive salaries and other benefits commensurate
with qualifications and experience.
Permanent and pensionable/gratuitable terms for Locals, and Contract for Non-Locals
INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM CANDIDATES:
a) Application letters should state relevant qualifications and experience and provide other information that will assist the University to determine the candidate’s suitability for the position.
b) Applicants should quote the vacancy number of the post applied for;
c) Provide current CV’s (including telephone and e-mail) and certified copies
of educational certificates and transcripts.
d) Provide names and contact details of three (3) professional referees
e) Certified copy of an Identity Document
The closing date for receiving full applications for the position is 23rd October, 2020.
The applications should be emailed to [email protected]
DISCLAIMER: If you do not receive any response within three months after the closing date, you must consider your application unsuccessful.