KARABO EA BOPHELO at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho. These positions are based in any of KB supported districts.
BCMCFL-KB is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis for the duration of four years:
Senior IT Officer x1
Duties and Responsibilities
The Senior IT Officer reports directly to Administration Manager. S/he will monitor and maintain the computer systems and network of the project. Installation and configuration of computer systems, diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and application problems, either over the phone or in person. The position is based in Maseru.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- A university degree in Information Technology, Information Systems Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Software Development or any related qualification preferred
- Demonstrated high proficiency in English and Sesotho (reading, writing and speaking)
- A minimum of four (4) years working experience as IT Support Officer or any other related position
- Proficient in Windows XP, Vista and Windows 10, Linux etc.
- Good working knowledge of all desktop applications and malware applications
- Ability to load and troubleshoot various software and hardware systems
- Good knowledge of various networking concepts
Interested candidates must email applications, including CV and cover letter to [email protected] on or before Friday, 03rd July, 2020. Please quote the position applying for on the subject matter. Full adverts are available on request from Karabo Ea Bophelo Offices, 2nd Floor Agric Building, Kingsway Maseru.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.