KARABO EA BOPHELO at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment, and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. Karabo ea Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified local candidates to fill in the following positions available under Karabo ea Bophelo Project on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis.
Senior IT Officer x 1
Based in Maseru KB Office
Duties and Responsibilities
Senior IT Officer will monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks of the project, installation and configuration of computer systems, telephone (PaBX), diagnosing hardware and software faults and solving technical and applications problems, either over the phone or in person. Senior IT Officer will directly report to KB Finance and Admin Director with a dotted line to I.T. and Facilities Manager.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Installing and configuring computer hardware (servers included), software, systems, networks, printers and scanners;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests;
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone);
- Setting up accounts for new users;
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary;
- Testing new technology;
- Support the roll-out of new applications;
- Troubleshoot system and network problems;
- Report any I.T related issues to I.T and Facilities Manager
- Perform other duties that are assigned by the administration.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- A University degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Software Development or any related qualification preferred and Cybersecurity certification recommended
- A minimum of four-years working experience as IT Support Officer or any other related positions
- Proficiency in Window XP, Vista and Windows 10, linux etc
- Good knowledge of various networking concepts
- Management of a medium to large scale Windows based client-server network
- Experience with Virtualization would be strong advantage
- Server Administration of Window Server 2012 (or greater), including experience setting up Domain Controllers, Active Directory, DHCP, etc
- Experience with enterprise-grade backup solutions
- Experience setting up and managing network firewall systems and endpoint security solutions
- Ability to diagnose and repair basic hardware issues
- Write and maintain documentation on the layout/design of the I.T. infrastructure
- Experience writing hardware and software specifications for purchasing proposals for additional hardware/software
- Ability to easily communicate technical information to non-technical management
- Experience with database administration is added advantage
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before Friday, 03rd September 2021. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be submitted through the email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.