KARABO EA BOPHELO at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (KARABO EA BOPHELO) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. Karabo Ea. Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho. These positions are based in any of KB supported districts.
KARABO EA BOPHELO – BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified candidates to fill in the following positions on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis for the duration of four years.
Position: 2X Senior Information Systems Developer
Duties and Responsibilities
Information (data) systems development and maintenance
- Ensure configuration, maintenance, proper functioning and output of KB’ s centralized DHIS2 system
- Develop a customized mobile application to be linked to DHIS2 platform for KB’s reporting
- Ensure other data systems used by projects are well configured, maintained and proper functioning
- Provide guidance and supervise technical integration of all non-DHIS2 data systems to ensure data is submitted into the centralized DHIS2 repository
- Back- and front-end support of the KB data warehouse and other data management systems
- Quality assurance of DHIS2 and other data systems across all projects and data warehouse
- Add and /or edit modules to the DHIS2 and other data management systems as needed.
- Facilitate requirements gathering and system design process for KB’s data systems
- Manage the technical and non-technical documentation of KB’ s data warehouse and other systems
- Analyze systems performance, identify challenges, troubleshoot and Produce regular reports
- Develop interoperability / data exchange between KB DHIS2, USAID DATIM and other KB systems.
Capacity building for use of technology to improve data management
- Facilitate training of relevant projects staff on data access and use in DHIS2 and other data systems.
- Liaise with members of the Program’s team to coordinate and streamline information systems, mapping and project mHealth initiatives with M&E, Research and Learning.
- Build in country capacity in data visualization and data use for decision.
Data analysis, visualization and information dissemination
- Produce Monthly data quality updates from DHIS2 and other KB data management systems
- Produce and update DHIS2 Dashboards to give weekly project status update on performance against key indicators and targets
- Create GIS maps for visualization of project coverage, performance and other relevant indicators as agreed with SI Technical lead
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
Educational and Experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science
- 7+ years of experience in the development and operations of health information systems
- Experience working with donor reporting particularly USAID (DATIM)
- Experience in rollouts of data management systems from National to community level
- Experienced in applying user-centered requirements processes for systems design
- Experience developing web-based and mobile applications, web-oriented programming language (e.g. Java, Java Script), and Unix/Linux system management.
- Expert in the use of database management systems (MS-Access and Visual Basic are vital, SQL language, SQL server or MySQL preferred) and in the operating environment of Microsoft XP or further upgrades.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, databases, statistical analysis software such as R, SAS, STATA or ArcGIS
Desired Qualifications/ skills
- Masters/Advanced degree in computer science, statistics, health informatics, public health (Biostatistics) or related fields such as health systems or health information
- Experience in development and operations of DHIS2 instance
Interested candidates must email applications, including CV and cover letter to [email protected] on or before Friday, 04th June, 2021. Please quote the position applying for on the subject matter. NB: Should you have applied based on the initial advert, your application will still be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.