Job title: Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Maseru, Lesotho
Job grade: Grade LSOO5
Primary Manager: Senior Human Resources Manager
Secondary Manager: Director of Operations
The position is responsible for primarily for staffing, recruiting, retention, performance, employee relations, compensation, compliance, individual development and succession planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage administration of personnel benefits and compliance with tax laws, including employee terms & conditions of service, salaries & benefits, employment contracts, and leave records.
- Administer performance management processes to ensure that all members of staff are fully capacitated on the Foundation Performance Management policy and system.
- Promote employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
- Work with the HR Manager to resolve employee relations issues (Industrial Relations) and assist management with conflict resolution to ensure that issues are identified and addressed promptly, appropriately and fairly.
- Partner with the HR Manager and international human resources team to administer, communicate and promote EGPAF programs and policies.
- Supervise Associate HRO’s
- Facilitate the country learning and development plan, identify growth and development opportunities for high potential staff
- Ensure that existing Human Resource Policies, Procedures and Staff Handbook are updated in line with statutory requirements, good practice and the agreed review timetable and that new policies or procedures are introduced as necessary.
- Keep self and team up to date with employment law and relevant codes of practice.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager to, propose, research, consult on and implement new initiatives that promote EGPAF as an employer of choice, which are legally compliant
- Ensure the provision of accurate statistics and employee records
- Ensure that all recruitment of staff is in line with EGPAF policies of transparency and equal opportunity.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resource management or similar
- At least 4 years’ experience in Human Resources Management
- Previous experience in working with Donors OR international NGOs.
- Experience working with USG funded NGOs is an added advantage.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Expertise in national labour law, employment legislation & employment practices.
- Fluency in English and Sesotho
Closing date: 02 April 2021