Jhpiego is a non-prof t organization, operating in Lesotho since 2012 through supporting the government of Lesotho in delivering health services to the Basotho people. Jhpiego’s portfolio currently includes Khanya (VMMC and PrEP), THEBE (TB Contact Tracing and COVID Response), RISE (COVID Case Management and Vaccine Support), MOSAIC (Dapivirine Ring Introduction), CUT-TB (RCT) and various other small studies.
Position: Senior HR Officer (1)
• Manage administration of personnel benefits and compliance with tax laws, including employee terms & conditions of service, salaries & benefits, employment contracts, and leave records.
• Administer performance management processes to ensure that all members of staff are fully capacitated on the Foundation Performance Management policy and system.
• Promote employee safety, welfare, wellness and health.
• Work with the HR Manager to resolve employee relations issues (Industrial Relations) and assist management with conflict resolution to ensure that issues are identified and addressed promptly, appropriately and fairly.
• Partner with the HR Manager and international human resources team to administer, communicate and promote Jhpiego’s programs and policies.
• Supervise temporary HR Assistants
• Keep self and team up to date with employment law and relevant codes of practice.
• Assist the Human Resources Manager to, propose, research, consult on and implement new initiatives that promote Jhpiego’s as an employer of choice, which are legally compliant
• Ensure the provision of accurate statistics and employee records
• Ensure that all recruitment of staff is in line with Jhpiego’s policies of transparency and equal opportunity.
Qualifications, Experience and Requirements
• Degree in Human Resource Management, Industrial Psychology or related field.
• Proven experience as Senior HR Officer
• Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development).
• Understanding of labour laws and disciplinary procedures.
• Experience in payroll administration
• Proficiency in MS Office software applications; knowledge of HRMS is a plus
• Excellent interpersonal, writing and oral communication skills
• Confidentiality in handling employees matters and salaries
• Able to assist in staff training (Induction, job training and evaluations of staff)
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Jhpiego offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive employee benefits package.
Note: The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation.
Correspondence will be communicated with shortlisted candidates only.
Jhpiego is an Equal Opportunity Employer Interested candidates should submit application letter, CVs, certified copies of certificates and transcripts, two reference letters, Certified identity document. All applications addressed for the attention of Human Resources Manager must be sent by email address to:[email protected] or hand deliver to Jhpiego Office, Dolphin House #2, ground floor,23 Motsoene Road, Industrial Area, Maseru by 12 pm on Friday, 14 January 2022.