Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions.
BCMCFL is looking for a highly qualified local candidate for the following position, which are available on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis.
Senior HR and Admin Officer x1
Based at BCMCFL Maseru Centre of Excellence
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the HR and Admin Director, the Senior HR and Admin Officer will be responsible for managing day-to-day operations and administration of BCMCFL Foundation HR and Admin department. S/he will manage the administration of the human resources policies, procedures and programs. S/he will be responsible for supervision of HR and Admin Officer’s as well as HR Assistants daily activities to ensure smooth operations of the department.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Human Resources Management Responsibilities:
- Supervise the HR and Admin department staff to make sure that they perform well and in line with the HR policies and procedures, their job descriptions and BCMCFL Foundation standards.
- Conduct annual performance appraisal of HR/Admin Department staff, identify areas of improvements and provide guidance and support accordingly to ensure better performance.
Recruitment and Selection:
- Prepare and distribute interna and external job postings and liaise with candidates and management at various stages of the recruitment process.
- Ensure that all vacancies are announced on job portals
- Facilitate the screening of applications (longlist and shortlist) and organize the interview sessions.
- Initiate and track reference checks, ensure other background checks are completed.
- Prepare offers of employment and employment contract for the selected candidate, get it signed by the candidate and record accordingly.
- Oversee the recruitment, selection and onboarding of all employees
- Maintain and prepare all personnel files, ensuring that all information on each employee is current, accurate and filed. This includes maintenance of employee documentation using our HRIS systems.
- Update information on all staff members and manage the various types of employment contracts.
- Keep track of all new employee’s probation period and facilitate performance evaluation in cooperation of the employee’s supervisors at the end of the probationary period
- Facilitate end of contracts performance evaluation and appraisal of all Foundation employee in coordination and cooperation with the line supervisors.
- Ensure that the results of performance evaluations are recorded and kept in individual personnel files.
- Monitoring the implementation of performance improvement processes with non-performing employees.
Benefits and Payroll
- Ensure that all new employees are enrolled on PSiber system.
- Support the payroll process by the provision of timely and accurate payroll information to the finance team.
- Oversee preparation of monthly payroll and ensure that payroll input is collated and correctly captured in PSiber system
- Make sure that all staff have submitted correctly filled signed timesheets before processing payroll.
- Processing of documentation for gratuity and terminal benefits payments
- Participate in the conduct of investigations for disciplinary matters
- Participate in the conduct of investigations when employee complaints or concerns are brought forth.
- Handle staff grievances
- Represent the Foundation in disciplinary hearings
- Make sure that all disciplinary actions are recorded in employees’ personal files, processed by the line supervisor, and are based on the procedure stated in the HR Manual.
- Provide support to line managers and employees in the interpretation of HR policies and guidelines and Lesotho Labour laws.
- Provide regular communications to all employees on changes or updates to employment law or HR best practice.
HR and Admin Reports and audits
- Prepare monthly HR and Admin reports to the HR and Admin Director
- Participates in HR and Admin departmental audits
- Oversee facilitation of local and international travel arrangements for staff members, and applications for medical licenses, work permits and resident permits on behalf of Foundation international staff and volunteers
- Ensure workman’s compensation for staff is valid and process renewal as necessary
- Oversee the management of the Foundation health insurance
- Serve as a focal point for responding to key administrative issues.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- A degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Human Resource Management, or a related field from an accredited university. Relevant postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage
- At least five (5) years working experience in HR and Administrative areas with NGOs, including at least two (2) years at a level equivalent to an HR Administrator supervising assigned staff.
- Extensive knowledge of HR payroll systems such as VIP, PSiber – Human Capital Management Platform
- Familiarity with donor investments in human resources for health (HRH)
- Familiarity and experience with operational effectiveness of US/Global Fund systems, policies and procedures to support HR management processes
- Familiarity with HR-related systems, controls, rules and procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Lesotho Labour Laws and current working knowledge of all relevant employment laws
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent communication and presentations skills
- Good oral and written communications with the ability to initiate and draft correspondence
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal or no supervision
- Good knowledge of computer programs such as Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work as a team player
- Evidence of practicing a high level of confidentiality and excellent organizational skills
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before Friday, 05th November 2021. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be done through email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified.
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.