Applications are invited from suitably qualified local candidates for the following positions tenable in the Ministry of Education and Training:
DEPARTMENT : SCHOOLS SUPPLY UNIT
JOB TITLE : SENIOR FIELD OFFICER (2)
LOCATION THABA-TSEKA & MOKHOTLONG
GRADE : F (M143 268.00 -M172 908.00 P/A)
Under the general supervision of the District Education Manager, the officer in the assigned district will take needs analysis at primary schools of teaching and learning materials. She/he must locate all the primary schools to be served with teaching and learning materials. She/he informs SSU on all required teaching and learning material.
1. To verify school enrolments and submit monthly reports on book rental fees.
2. To establish communication channels between SSU and respective schools in designated district.
3. To guide Principals with basic methods of keeping and maintaining school books.
4. To guide schools on identifying their instructional material needs and make timely orders from SSU warehouse.
5. To identify book rental fee defaulters and follow them up to make promptly payments into the revolving fund.
6. To disseminate information to schools and community regarding SSU and its functional and operational activities.
7. To undertake public gatherings at dissemination center of schools, on SSU admin.
8. To draw and submit detailed monthly report on schools visited in the designated district.
A Bachelor of Arts with Education/Bachelor of Education
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Interpersonal Skills
• Proficiency in both written and spoken official language (Sesotho & English)
• Readiness to travel in remote areas.
• Able to interact with children, parents and co-workers;
• Able to handle stressful situations;
• Able to deal with difficult learners and parents;
• Good communicator; and
• Able to produce both verbal and written reports.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SERVING OFFICERS MAY APPLY FOR GRADE F POSITIONS HERE ADVERTISED.
Applications on the relevant forms G.P. 104 for serving officers and G.P. 103 for job seekers duly accompanied by certified copies of educational certificates, performance appraisal forms transcripts, diplomas etc. must be addressed to:
The Principal Secretary
Ministry of Education and Training
P. O. Box 47
Maseru – 100
Not later than, 30th October, 2019