Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
At Vodacom, we’re working hard to build a better future. A more connected, inclusive and sustainable world. As a dynamic global community, it’s our human spirit, together with technology, that empowers us to achieve this.
We challenge and innovate in order to connect people, businesses, and communities across the world. Delighting our customers and earning their loyalty drive us, and we experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
With us, you can be truly be yourself and belong, share inspiration, embrace new opportunities, thrive, and make a real difference.
Closing Date: 27th July 2021, 5pm
Ensure proper running of Core Voice Network by supporting and administering preventative measures, trouble shooting and debugging of disaster recovery, test and production environments. The incumbent shall also support the development of new concepts and deployment of new technologies and syestems.
- Capacity planning and dimensioning of Core Voice networks
- Planning, execution and optimisation of Core Voice network elements and services
- Maintain very high Core Voice Systems availability
- Identify faults and took prompt action to troubleshoot and repair faults or escalate them accordingly
- Timely deployment of new, update and corrective software releases to all Core Voice Systems
- Document and review policies related to Core Voice Systems
- Implement, maintain security standards and protocols on the Core Voice Systems
- Execute policy compliance checks on all Core Voice Systems and Services
- Provide reports and recommendations to system owners and management
- Degree or equivalent in Telecommunication Engineering/Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or relevant tertiary qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years in telecommunications is desirable
- Linux/Unix skills – intermediate level
- Oracle – intermediate level
- Oracle SQL Scripting and/or development will be an advantage
Monitor and Diagnose
Automation and Robotics
Data Analytics and Insights