The Judicial Service Commission of the British Overseas Territory of Turks and Caicos Islands invites applications for the post of: Senior Deputy Registrar of the Supreme Court
This is a managerial position with the job holder having responsibility, under the supervision of the Registrar, for the efficient administration and effective running of the Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Registrar in the discharge of the duties set out in section 9 of the Supreme Court Ordinance, including:
- keep account of all fees and fines received in the proceedings of the Supreme Court
- issue process;
- in civil proceedings, register all writs and judgments and other proceedings;
- attend sittings of Court and Judge and take minutes of proceedings.
- make investigations and take accounts as directed;
- administer oaths and take affidavits and declarations in all proceedings;
- adjourn the Court, from time to time, for any time not exceeding seven days, as circumstances require;
- carry out duties necessary for the grant and sealing by the Court of Probates or Letters of Administration in respect to estates of deceased persons, as instructed
- Deputize for the Registrar in the latter’s absence.
- Prepare institutional budget and deal with financial matters as required.
- Assist with Human Resource matters as required.
- Assist with the maintenance of the properties of the Judiciary as required.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to by the Registrar, the Judges of the Supreme Court, the Justices of the Court of Appeal or the Chief Justice
- Adhere to all Public Service codes, rules and regulations.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Barrister or Solicitor of the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland or of some other part of the Commonwealth;
- A member of the Faculty of Advocates or a Writer to the Signet of Scotland; or
- An Attorney of the Supreme Court of the Turks and Caicos Islands admitted under the Legal Profession Ordinance; and
- Of at least six years standing as such.
- A degree in Business Administration, or Public Administration will be an asset.
- Experience in Human Resource management will be an asset.
A three (3) year contract extendable by mutual agreement.
Salary Grade 9.1 $63,793 per annum plus allowances
Professional Allowance $6,000 per annum
Telephone Allowance $720 per annum
Transportation Allowance $2,760 per annum
Housing Allowance $18,000.00 per annum
Applicants must submit:
- A completed application form (attached)
- A resume with current contact information.
- An accompanying Cover Letter.
- Two letters of reference (one preferably from a former employer).
- Copies of educational certificates.
- A copy of the Passport photo page.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a Police Certificate.
Note that the referees may be contacted as necessary.
Submit application by email to Lavern Skippings Reynolds at [email protected]
Or by courier to:
Lavern Skippings Reynolds
Secretary, Judicial Service Commission
Waterloo, Grand Turk
Turks and Caicos Islands
An email application must have the subject line: SENIOR DEPUTY REGISTRAR APPLICATION.
If sent by courier, the envelope should have the subject ‘SENIOR DEPUTY REGISTRAR APPLICATION’ clearly marked on the front.
Current serving officers must apply through their Head of Department.
Applications without supporting documents will not be processed.
Only persons selected for an interview will be contacted.