Jhpiego seeks a Senior Demand Generation Advisor/Director to provide technical leadership and strategic direction for an upcoming USAID-funded Sustaining Epidemic Control through Unified Prevention in Lesotho (SECURE) project in Lesotho. The project aims to close gaps to reach and sustain HIV epidemic control through unified approaches to prevention and strengthened community systems. The project will improve the uptake of combination HIV prevention services, improve effective coverage of non-discriminatory, person-centered, integrated services, and bolster resilient community systems that sustain quality HIV prevention services. The project will operate over a 5-year period.
The Senior Demand Generation Advisor/Director will work closely with the program implementation team on biomedical HIV prevention and key populations-focused activities, including Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) and Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), to advise on the marketing-related aspects of program activities, including demand generation for biomedical HIV prevention services.
Responsibilities include leading the design, implementation, and reporting of relevant project activities, including the management of demand generation and HIV service marketing activities. The Senior Demand Generation Advisor/Director will provide marketing and demand generation-specific technical leadership ensuring program design and implementation are in line with program and Ministry of Health (MOH) strategies and international best practices. The Senior Demand Generation Advisor/Director will report to the Technical Director.
This position is contingent upon award from USAID. Lesotho nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide technical leadership and oversight for the demand generation elements of Jhpiego’s comprehensive HIV program, particularly in relationship to strengthening demand for clinical services and linkages between clinical and community services
- Provide programmatic support and management of the implementation of project communication and demand-generation activities
- Oversee the development, management, and implementation of community mobilization strategies for the project
- Oversee training and mentorship of the communication team and mobilizers, including evaluation of performance
- Support the District Health Management Teams (DHMT) to plan and execute activities concerning demand generation and service delivery client flow
- Work closely with creative agency partners, ministry officials, and target population advisors to design, coordinate, implement, and monitor impactful HIV service marketing and demand generation initiatives
- Work closely with implementing partners to ensure coordination of efforts and synergies among programs
- Coordinate with communications working groups, including MoH, to ensure high-level buy-in and strategic oversight of initiatives
- Prepare regular reports on activities, including return on investment analyses
- Ensure all the objectives of the demand generation activities are being met in the district and provide necessary feedback to the central team for continuous improvement and course correction
- Monitor and provide oversight and technical support to all campaign elements
- Lead the use of demand creation data for decision-making to analyze, measure, and improve performance
- Perform other reasonable duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Master’s Degree in behavioral science, communications, community development or another relevant field
- At least 8 years’ experience implementing and/or providing technical assistance in health demand creation or communication. Progressively responsible and direct relevant experience required
- Direct experience in management and implementation of project communication and demand-generation activities
- Relevant technical leadership and oversight relevant experience for the demand generation elements of comprehensive HIV programs, particularly in relationship to strengthening demand for clinical services and linkages between clinical and community services
- Familiarity with USAID’s administrative, management and reporting procedures and systems
- Proven track record managing a project team composed of several technical experts and fostering team work
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain interpersonal and professional relationships with USAID’s host-country counterparts and representatives from other key stakeholders such as NGOs, CSOs, and the private sector
- Experience working closely with creative agency partners, ministry officials and target population advisors for the designing, coordination, implementation, and monitoring of impactful HIV services, marketing, and demand generation initiatives
- Experience Monitoring, and providing oversight and technical support to all campaign elements
- Excellent with ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively in a demanding environment
- Excellent verbal, written interpersonal and presentation skills in English and French
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel nationally to project sites
- Experience managing creative agencies, brand management, service marketing
- Experience collecting and using data (reach, comprehension, conversion, etc.) to inform decisions. Ability to advise colleagues on how to collect such data.
- Proven ability to move efficiently from concept to implementation
This role is exclusively open to candidates who are already located in any of the countries where Jhpiego currently operates
Total compensation will be based on the country of hire and Jhpiego’s local compensation plan.