KARABO EA BOPHELO at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho. The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free pediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment, and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions. Karabo Ea Bophelo (KB) is a five-year USAID-funded activity to prevent new HIV infections and reduce vulnerability among orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) in Lesotho.
BCMCFL is looking for highly qualified local candidates to fill in the following positions available under Karabo Ea Bophelo Project on a full-time, Fixed-Term Contract basis.
Senior Data Officer x1
Based in Maseru KB Office
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the M&E Manager, the Senior Data Officer will manage data from various sources into the program’s information system processing, management and reporting. S/he will efficiently manage a large amount of data and provide systems strengthening support for the SI department through the creation of frameworks and SOPs.
Key Performance Areas:
Key performance areas include but not limited to:
- Take role in the development, maintenance and management of the Management Information Systems (MIS);
- Conduct mentorship and supportive supervisor for OVC MEAL staff on data recording in the approved M&E systems and to generate appropriate reports on a timely basis;
- Responsible for data collection, analysis and reporting of program performance and progress against set targets;
- Perform regular data quality checks/assessments to ensure high standard quality of data reported;
- Monitor data processes and work with the OVC MEAL staff to maintain data integrity and resolve data discrepancies;
- Create data backups as part of a contingency plan;
- Respond to information requests from technical teams and ensure prompt and proper reporting of project activities;
- Support and build capacity of OVC MEAL staff on monitoring, evaluation and data management skills;
- Provide support on roll-out of new database systems and software update;
- Manage data of the four OVC partners and actively participate in preparation for USAID SIMS visits;
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual data progress analytics and reports on all project activities;
- Provide feedback and guidance to OVC MEAL staff on proposed adjustments to programming based on performance and achievement of targets;
- Perform any other project duties as may be assigned by the Management.
Educational Qualifications, Work Experience and Key Competencies
- Bachelors’ degree in Data Management, Information Systems, Statistics, Demography, Computer Science or Public Health.
- Experience with DHIS2 or any automated data collection and reporting systems
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Demonstrated high proficiency in English and Sesotho
- Computer literacy and familiarity with various computer programs such as MS Office
- Strong knowledge and proficiency on HIV Prevention, Sexual Health topics is desirable preferably OVC and DREAMS programming
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, particularly Excel
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Proven analytic and problem-solving ability
Highly qualified Citizens and Residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Interested candidates who meet the criteria must email applications letters including CVs, certified copies of identity documents, qualifications and three work-related referees with contact details (one should be from current supervisor/employer).
All applications must be emailed to [email protected] on or before Friday, 13th May 2022. Clearly indicate the name of the post applied for on the subject Line. Applications to be submitted through the email provided only. No hard copies will be accepted. Late applications will not be considered. Failure to comply with the above directions will results in the application being disqualified. Detailed job description can be obtained from https://baylorlesotho.org/jobs/
BCMCFL reserves the right to leave an advertised position unfilled if no suitable candidate is identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.