POSITION: SENIOR CHILD WELFARE OFFICER
NUMBER OF POSITION : 7
REPORTING TO : DIRECTOR OPERATIONS
Under the general supervision of Director Operations and Community Development, the incumbent will coordinate the Child Welfare Services at District level and oversee the implementation of OVC Programs. The SCWO will develop operational plans and monitor implementation at local level. She/ he will provide guidance to Child Welfare Officers.
- Provides policy interpretation at local level;
- Develops operational plans for the unit at district level;
- Coordinates the identification and selection of beneficiary households;
- Approves beneficiaries’ lists (for essential services and child cash grant) and causes Child Welfare Officer to enrol the approved beneficiaries;
- Ensures timely submission of beneficiary lists for payment;
- Serves as a district focal person to service providers where services have been outsourced (e.g PSS);
- Serves as a focal person for M&E and MIS at district level;
- Serves as Secretary to DCPT and prepares district budget;
- Reviews cases and complaints from community members referred by Child Welfare Officers;
- Collaborates with Non-Governmental Organisations/Faith Based Organisations/ Community Based Organisations/Church Groups on matters of capacity building;
- Undertakes field trips to provide guidance and supervision to Auxiliary Social Welfare Officers and Data Entry Clerks;
- Supervises subordinate staff, facilitates disciplinary cases and conducts performance appraisals;
- Compiles and submits quarterly and annual report to the Director of Operations.
- Post Graduate in Social Work plus three (3) years working experience in relevant field.
- BA Social Work plus five (5) years working experience in Social Welfare Services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with all stakeholders
- Computer literacy
HOW TO APPLY
NOTE: Chartered Institute Management Accountants (CIMA), Chartered Institute of Public Finance Accounting (CIPFA), Chartered Institutes of Secretaries (CIS), Chartered Public Accountants (CPA) and Association of Certified Chartered Accountants are accounting qualifications that should be recognized while recruiting.
All other accounting qualifications should be subjected to LIA for accreditation.
All candidates who apply for position at Grade H level and above will be subjected to assessment process as per Public Service Regulations of 2008- Division III section 24 (1).
All applications should be on relevant forms, GP 104 for serving officers, and GP 103 for job seekers, accompanied by certified copies of Educational Certificates, Marriage Certificates for married women, Transcripts, Performance Appraisals (for serving officers), Landlines or mobile phones for contacts.
Application forms are available at Ministry of Social Development — Human Resources Office and should be hand delivered to the same office.
The Principal Secretary
Ministry of Social Development
3rd Floor, Pension Fund House
Private Bag A222
Closing date 10th August, 2018