Senior Advisor, Prevention Services – Expanding HIV Clinical Services at Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho
The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Lesotho (BCMCFL), is the result of a public-private partnership between Baylor College of Medicine International Pediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI) and the Government of Lesotho, and is a legal, non-profit/tax exempt organization registered in Lesotho. BCMCFL provides free paediatric and family-centred HIV and tuberculosis prevention, care, treatment and support, serving thousands of children and families affected by HIV, TB, or other child health conditions.
Project Name: Expanding HIV Clinical Services Activity in Lesotho
Position: Senior Advisor, Prevention Services
Duty Station: Maseru, Lesotho with travel to Mokhotlong and ButhaButhe
Reports to: Program Director, Expanding HIV Clinical Services
Classification: Full-time, fixed term contract
Note: This position is contingent upon award funding and candidate approval by the donor
Expanding HIV Clinical Services Activity in Lesotho (EHCS) is an anticipated three-year USAID-funded activity with the purpose of attaining HIV epidemic control and sustained reduction in HIV transmission, morbidity and mortality through saturation of HIV and TB prevention, care and treatment services in the highland districts of Butha-Buthe and Mokhotlong.
Senior Advisor, Prevention Services
The Senior Advisor, Prevention Services will have responsibility for technical oversight of the Prevention components of the project.
The Senior Advisor, Prevention Services will oversee the components of the project focused on HIV and TB Prevention amongst infants, children, adolescents and adults, including work plan development and reporting. S/he will report directly to the Program Director and support him/herin providing technical direction to project implementation to ensure that the Prevention results are met.
Key Performance Areas:
- Provide technicaloversight ofthe HIV and TBpreventioncomponents of the project,including work plan development and implementation
- Report on comprehensive prevention packages for children, adolescents and adults
- Overseeallpreventionactivitiesincollaboration with otherproject leads
- Train and mentor project staff, partners and sub-recipients involved in provision of comprehensive prevention packages
- Design and support referral and linkage pathways between and within partner organizations to complement and build upon prior service delivery areas
- Liaise with Government ministries and multi-lateral stakeholders on prevention activities
- SupporttheProgram Directorinprovidingtechnical directionto project implementation and ensurethat Prevention results areachieved
Qualifications and Experience:
- ABachelor’sDegreeorequivalentinPublicHealth,Social work, Nursing, Medicine orrelated discipline; Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- Minimum 5 yearsofexperienceindesigning,implementingandmanagingHIV andTBpreventionservicesofsimilarscope and size, with experienceinLesotho highlydesirable
- Demonstrated knowledgeofandexperiencewithPEPFARprogramming, including HIVand TB preventionservices will be an advantage
- FamiliaritywithLesotho’sinstitutional,policyandprogrammingcontextfor HIV and TB
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of the Senior Advisor, Prevention Services.
Quality of work as indicated by achievement of specific outputs detailed in the individual work plan
Applicants must email application, including CV and cover letter to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Citizens and residents of Lesotho are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 23rd May 2019, 12 noon