LOCATION: Maseru, Lesotho
Econo Foods Lesotho is a local company, with branches in Maseru and Maputsoe, operating in the retail services sector. In particular the company specializes in sales of red meat, fish, chicken, other meat lines and spices and herbs. Econo foods sells directly to the general public and indirectly through the wholesale deliveries.
Reporting to both the general manager and group financial manager, the candidate will be responsible for management and financial reporting for Lesotho in liaison with head office in South Africa.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintenance of asset registers
• Maintenance of general ledger (using IQ accounting system)
• Handling and review of payments
• Overseeing cash processes and cash reporting
• Preparation of management reports monthly
• Review and authorization of tax returns
• Preparation of financial statements and other financial reports
• Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Time Management
• Self-Driven and ability to set own quality standard
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Practical leadership skills
• Business acumen
• Communication skills
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A chartered accountant (CA) registered with Lesotho Institute of Accountants (LIA) with a minimum of three years’ experience in a financial reporting role. The candidate MUST have a demonstrated experience in application of tax laws and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs).
- Experience in the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG) sector will be an added advantage.
Interested and qualifying candidates must email their application letters, CVs and certified copies of educational certificates to [email protected] on or before 14th May 2021.
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted