Liqhobong Mining Development Company (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Firestone Diamonds PLC, invites suitably qualified and competent Basotho to apply for the vacant position of Semi-skilled Boilermaker.
To assist with routine assessment of the condition, safety and efficiency of tools, machinery and equipment with the aim of maximizing production and minimizing plant downtime. Specifically the incumbent will assist to service, replace, manufacture, construct, assemble and fit components for machinery, vehicles, installations and other apparatus or articles.
Under the direct supervision of the Boilermaker, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
- Investigate, diagnose and perform trade related maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery according to the maintenance requirements, standards and specifications;
- Perform daily inspections in accordance with the SHE standards;
- Develop, modify, construct and install all types of trade related equipment required for the safe operation of all engineering equipment;
- Ensure that all installations and equipment are safe and in good working order after task completion;
- Continuously monitor equipment and efficiency to improve trade specific equipment longevity and systems;
- Ensure that maintenance related information is recorded and reported to the relevant planning office to support the maintenance of the asset maintenance system;
- Ensure compliance and adherence to SHE policies, programmes, practices, safety standards and regulations;
Legal and other requirements
- Police clearance and medical examinations of fitness;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Free from vertigo and not colour blind
Qualifications and experience
- 1 years’ experience as a Boilermaker Assistant in a plant or manufacturing environment;
- COSC/Matric plus Certificate in Boilermaker and a relevant trade test certificate from a recognized / accredited institution;
- Knowledge of boilermaker development techniques, tools and principles in production of platework and piping;
- Use of machines and tools including their design, repair and maintenance.
Skills and competencies
- Time management;
- Optimal use of materials and spares;
- Sound technical trouble shooting/ fault finding skills;
- Proficiency in English;
- Quality control and plant equipment maintenance;
- Hand-eye coordination skills
- Consistent with agreed principles of correct moral conduct
- Ability to take direction but exercise independent thought and judgment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and relationships within a fast-paced, team-oriented and lean environment.
Application letters including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted to:
Letsie Office Park – Pension House
email address: [email protected]
Closing date for submission of applications is Friday 27th July 2018
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted