- Provide technical advice to the leadership of the NRA, national reforms thematic committee on security sector and other key players in the security sector.
- Ensure overall management, effective and efficient implementation of the project activities.
- Policy advisory and strategic support to UN and national counterparts on security sector reforms.
- Knowledge management and dissemination.
- Provide policies, regulations and tools for establishing minimum conditions and initiation of long-term implementation of security sector reforms.
- Provide the technical support to NRA, national reforms thematic committee on security sector and other key players in the security sector capacity development approaches and measures to scale up security sector reforms.
- Engage with the Government. development partners, civil societies and the private sectors to mobilize resources in support of scaling up security sector reforms activities
- Provide strategic and technical advice to project team and implementing partners in the security sector
- Ensure and maintain linkages, coherence and synergies among activities under the different components of the project
- Ensure effective strategic coordination among project staff, partners, and other stakeholders
- Ensure good coordination and collaboration with suppliers, implementing partners, beneficiaries and other key project stakeholders
- Develop initiatives and coordination mechanism to facilitate functional partnerships between CSOs, Government counterparts and other organisation working on Lesotho National Dialogue and reform process
- Ensure close coordination with OHCHR and UN-Women in the mainstreaming of human and women’s rights across project activities and interventions
- Ensure close coordination with SADC as the Regional Economic Community (REC) in the implementation of the project.
- Assist in the development and strengthening of national institutions and processes for national reform
- Coordinating efforts and engagement on the focus areas of the project and implementation of action plans to support government and civil society debate on security sector reform
- Providing training and work place mentoring for project stakeholders, particularly the project beneficiaries in the security sector as required
- Planning and formulating evaluation documentation on the implementation of the project, its outputs and outcomes
- Provide strategic support ensuring policy coherence and alignment of the security sector reforms with the other six thematic sectors – (parliamentary, justice, public sector, economic, media and constitution) to minimise overlaps.
- Preparation of a communication strategy including visibility of the success stories and implement the strategy accordingly
- Summarize and synthesize the results of the project and lessons learnt
- Prepare best practices documents on security sector reforms
- Conduct an impact study (before and after project) with human stories including financial rate of return calculation
- Prepare brief information about the project and present to the donors, Community of Practices, and relevant donor, seminars/workshops
- Contribute and lead in reporting of strategic results, including documentation of best practices and lesson learnt in the security sector.
Under US immigration law, acceptance of a staff position with UNDP, an international organization, may have significant implications for US Permanent Residents. UNDP advises applicants for all professional level posts that they must relinquish their US Permanent Resident status and accept a G-4 visa, or have submitted a valid application for US citizenship prior to commencement of employment.
UNDP is not in a position to provide advice or assistance on applying for US citizenship and therefore applicants are advised to seek the advice of competent immigration lawyers regarding any applications.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Contract Duration: 2 Year with possibility for extension