Liqhobong Mining Development Company (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of Firestone Diamonds PLC, invites suitably qualified and competent Mosotho to occupy the vacant position of Security Manager.
To provide leadership in the development and implementation of the overall security strategy of the Mine through implementation of flexible and high-level security solutions with regards to the protection of all Mine assets. Working closely with all business managers and other stakeholders, the incumbent will ensure that all security standards are adhered to, and proactively respond to any perceived risks or security breaches.
Reporting to the General Manager, the incumbent will carry out the following duties and responsibilities;
- Develop, implement and manage the overall Mine processes for security strategy and related architecture and engineering standards;
- Align security functions, standards and philosophy with of the Industry Standards and best practices to ensure fit with the overall Mine strategy and objectives;
- Oversee the continuous monitoring and protection of assets, facilities, product, personnel and information systems and proactively respond to any perceived risks or breaches;
- Deal with confidential issues and communicate these to stakeholders at the required level;
- Manage security contractor(s) to obtain maximum outputs and adherence to agreed scope of work;
- Develop and implement security policies, standards and guidelines to ensure adherence and compliance to Mine security;
- Work closely with all stakeholders in order to understand the Mine’s requirements and regulatory compliance so as to map the requirements to current and future security projects;
- Ensure that the Mine conforms to best practices and security industry standards and provide a secure environment;
- Liaise with relevant departments to train departmental personnel on appropriate security standards and policies and contribute towards the achievement of security objectives and safe working environment.
Legal and other requirements
- Police clearance and medical examinations of fitness as per the inherent requirements of the position;
- Valid driver’s license.
Qualifications and experience
- 5 -10 years’ relevant managerial experience;
- Postgraduate degree in Risk/Security Management or equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Good knowledge of the technical skills surrounding security technologies in the field of CCTV, Access Control and Diamond Control;
- Sound knowledge of Criminal Procedure Act, Law of Evidence and Security Law;
- Knowledge of Precious Stones Order of 1970, No. 24;
- Knowledge of Investigation and detection procedures;
- Well versed in the MS office suite.
Skills and competencies
- Strong leadership and managerial skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Risk and Compliance;
- Audit and Reporting;
- Emergency response and crisis management;
- Understanding non-verbal communication/body language;
- Strong conflict management skills;
- Cross cultural awareness;
- Strong networking skills;
- Information gathering skills.
- Adherence to principles of correct moral conduct;
- Problem solving abilities;
- Ability to professionally manage a diverse team including contractors and challenging situations;
- Ability to plan ahead and foresee possible issues that may impact on the achievement of production targets;
- Ability to interact well with other Senior Managers.
Application letters including a detailed CV and certified copies of relevant qualifications should be submitted to:
The Human Resource Department
Liqhobong Mining Development Company
5th Floor- Letsie Office Park,
Constitution Road, Maseru West
Email address: [email protected]
Closing date for submission of applications is Friday 07th September 2018
Disclaimer: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted